project life 2013 | week 13

Monday, May 6, 2013

March 24-30- the week that Spring finally decided to make an appearance here! It was a bit cruel, though, because just as the cherry blossoms started to pop out the temperatures dropped again, meaning that Week 14 of my album is likely to be a little less spring-y looking than this one!

project life 2013 week 13.jpg

I pulled out an older paper pad and some embellishments from the Miss Caroline collection by My Mind's Eye for this week's layout, and the journaling cards are a new set of printables by Julie Kirk. I've long been a fan of Julie's blog and love her papercrafting projects as well as the thoughtful blog series that she regularly produces (and how can you not love that cheerful "Hi, hi, hi!" that starts many of her posts?). Her latest series, Push-Up Bra Blogging, is an excellent resource for bloggers who either are feeling a bit stumped for content or are just looking for some new ideas, and Tips for the Design Team Curious is full of great information for those who are thinking about submitting their work to manufacturers and challenge blogs. And did I mention that both of those series are free? :)

Julie also writes a monthly Month in Numbers post, and recently she released a new set of printable journaling cards, Month in Musings, based on that idea. When she emailed me to see if I'd like to try them out and I spotted that lovely yellow and aqua color combination (I've already admitted to being a bit obsessed with it lately!), I knew they'd be perfect for pairing up with some older supplies (or any new collections- they're a match for so many of the popular collections right now) to use up a bit of stash.

DSC_9872.jpg

DSC_9874.jpg

I have lots of digital journaling cards, but up until this layout I hadn't really been using them all that much. I had no idea what I was missing! I normally use physical cards to start with and then go through some contortions to get my printer to add text to them, but these were so easy to just open up in Photoshop (or Elements, or whatever you may have), add some text, and then print and cut! Eliminating that extra step saved me so much time, and, while I did print mine on my home laser printer, the cards (including the 4x4 and 3x4 varieties) are all formatted on 4x6 borderless canvases so you can print them either at home or at any photo lab you choose. So easy!

DSC_8566.jpg

DSC_8567.jpg

DSC_8568.jpg

It was fun to have a bit of a prompt for this week's journaling and thinking about the numbers associated with my week, much like I took a room by room approach with this recent layout for Lawn Fawn. Speaking of Lawn Fawn, I'll be back tomorrow with a new layout with another of their new stamp sets + dies- and it's got a slight Star Wars theme!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan