project life 2013 | week 5 {citrus twist kits}

Monday, May 20, 2013

I've already posted all of my traditional layouts with May's kit from Citrus Twist (and the June kits are currently spread out across my scrapping desk!), but I saved this layout for a regular Project Life Monday in the interest of not bombarding you with so many posts about this album. :)

project life 2013 week 5.jpg

I really, really do skip around in my albums when I'm scrapping these layouts, which you may have noticed since I posted a week from mid-March last week and now I'm back at the end of January/beginning of February! I have photos for several weeks at a time printed and will usually flip through them to look for either the ones I'm most excited to scrap or the ones that best match the products on my desk at the time. For this layout, though, it was really a case of it being almost the only week I had prints for (I still haven't scrapped Christmas week from 2012 yet, and the rest of the photos were on order), and also it being a week that was just hard to match colors to in general. In the end I just made it work, and I love it!

DSC_9859.jpg

DSC_9860.jpg

There were so many fun little goodies in the May Project Life kit- the Basic Grey stickers, the Sundrifter 6x6 pad with a scaled-down sheet of cut-apart elements that I ended up using everywhere, and the "Road Trip" themed exclusive journaling cards that I used to tell the story of a trip I took out of town for work. I'm sure that the snowy landscape outside my hotel room window wasn't quite what Trina had in mind when she designed them, but it works!

DSC_8495.jpg

DSC_8496.jpg

DSC_8497.jpg

Happy Monday, everyone! I hope your week is off to a fantastic start!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan