star trek blog hop | boldly crafting where no crafts have gone before!

Saturday, May 18, 2013

What is the Star Trek blog hop? 7 crafty bloggers will be participating in a Star Trek themed craft blog hop, Boldly Crafting Where No Crafts Have Gone Before. We will be posting paper crafts, sewing, recycled projects, and other fun crafty things! Be inspired and Make It So!

star trek_blog hop

After months of waiting, Star Trek: Into Darkness has officially been released in theaters. What does that mean for me? Well, more months of waiting, since I don't care to go to the theater and will wait to see this baby on Blu-Ray instead. :) But it also means that I have the opportunity to participate in the Star Trek blog hop with so many fabulously talented geeky crafters from across the interwebs, organized by Katie of Punk Projects!

Katie- Punk Projects
Taylor- This Memorable Life
Megan- The Nerd Nest
Mandy- Chocolate and Cream Cake
Kam- Campfire Chic
Regena- The Distracted Domestic
Melissa- Scrappy Jedi  < < < < < < You are here!
Emily- Oh! Emily Made That

Many of these girls are serious Star Trek fans and have some awesome sewing and other craft projects to share today, while I have a scrapbook layout for you!

DSC_9876.jpg

I shot this photo during Day 3 of Star Wars Celebration VI last summer (I've also got photos from Days 1, 2, and 4), when I just happened to look over the railing from the second story of the Orange County Convention Center in time to see none other than Darth Vader Force-choking a pair of Starfleet officers. Talk about crossing the streams!

DSC_8723.jpg

I pulled out an older Studio Calico kit to work with for this page (Central High, I think), and started with just my photo, the multi-colored journaling card, and the @ symbol. From there I added layers and embellishments and changed things around until I was happy. Really, there's never much of a process to my scrapping- I just sort of push things around the page until I'm happy with them.

I've used this same kit for a few other layouts in my Star Wars Celebration VI album (here, here, here, and here), though I'm not using it exclusively. Instead, I'm simply making sure to include bright colors on all of the layouts (you can see more here, here, here, here, and here), and my thinking is that having just a few layouts here and there that use the same supplies will help pull the album together.

DSC_8724.jpg

DSC_8725.jpg

Be sure to check out what the rest of these super talented girls are up to today...and Live Long and Prosper. :)
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan