new heidi swapp masks and recollections roller date stamps at michaels

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Michaels seems to have really leveled up their merchandising efforts in the scrapbooking department lately. Just six weeks or so after posting about the massive influx of new product from major manufacturers like Simple Stories and My Mind's Eye, I'm back with another set of pictures, this time of some new Heidi Swapp masks and Recollections date and phrase stamps.

I first learned about the Heidi's new masks on her blog, and I didn't really expect the Michaels closest to my office (the older one in town that is sooooo slow to get new items in) to have them yet, but I was pleasantly surprised to discover that they were indeed there! My store had them in the regular scrapbooking aisles (with the rubber stamps) and not on an endcap or in the special display with the other Heidi Swapp products, so you might have to poke around a bit to find them.

IMG_4448.jpg

There are sixteen masks in the new collection- eight 12x12 (priced at $5.99) and eight 6x6 (priced at $3.99). I had my trusty iPhone in hand and took pictures of them all, starting with the 12x12 masks:

IMG_4449.jpgIMG_4450.jpg

IMG_4451.jpgIMG_4452.jpg

IMG_4455.jpgIMG_4457.jpg

IMG_4458.jpgIMG_4459.jpg

The 6x6 masks are all unique designs, rather than being scaled-down versions of the 12x12 masks.

IMG_4465.jpg

Here's a closer look at the eight 6x6 masks, starting with my favorite- the confetti template that gives you the choice of hearts, stars, or circles.

IMG_4466.jpgIMG_4467.jpg

IMG_4469.jpgIMG_4470.jpg

IMG_4471.jpgIMG_4473.jpg

IMG_4474.jpgIMG_4475.jpg

I happened to look over to my left as I was taking these photos, and what should I spot right next to the masks but the new Recollections branded roller date stamps? Many of the phrases on the first two are very similar to the Dear Lizzy Neapolitan and Studio Calico Classic Calico 3 date stamps that have been out for a while, but the years on these do go back to 2007 as the others were originally intended to do. If you didn't pick up the originals because of the year issue, you might want to hunt these down!

IMG_4461.jpg

IMG_4482.jpg

This birthday themed stamp looks to be original (I can't think of any previous collections it matches, at least), so it came home with me.

IMG_4479.jpg

A pair of roller phrase stamps has also joined the Recollections lineup. The first stamp pictured below has several phrases in common with the Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm stamp released at CHA Winter 2013, but the one below it looks to be mostly original.

IMG_4464.jpg

IMG_4483.jpg

I did pick up a few of the Heidi Swapp templates and have been busily playing with them in my scrap room over the last few days. I hope to have a layout or two to share soon!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan