two peas may garden girl gallery

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

It's the beginning of a new month, and that means a new crop of layouts is blooming today in the Two Peas Garden Girl gallery! This month's theme is "photos," and with such a wide-open topic I found plenty of ways to incorporate it onto my layout!

snapshots from the aquarium w banner.jpg

Supplies:






I went for another two-page layout this time, thinking that with a focus on photos it might be a good idea to put lots of them on the page! I also incorporated some hand-cut Viewmaster slides from an older Echo Park paper, a "favorite snapshot" tag from Elle's Studio, and a pair of cameras cut from a sheet of kraft paper in the Amy Tangerine "Yes, Please" collection. Lots of photo goodness all around!

DSC_9854.jpg

And, yes, these are more photos from the Tennessee Aquarium (I had some others on a recent layout here), but they're from a different trip entirely- we just happen to go there a lot!

DSC_9855.jpg

I pulled out lots of older products for this page, and pretty much anything that's new on it is in the form of embellishments and not paper! Like I said on the Paperclipping Roundtable last week, that's pretty much how I roll with the shopping these days (and not much of it, at that!), and it's really working well for me!

DSC_8377.jpg

DSC_8376.jpg

DSC_8374.jpg

DSC_8375.jpg

I have another two-page layout that will be up at Two Peas for National Scrapbooking Day on Saturday (also May the 4th- Star Wars Day!), and while the photos aren't from an aquarium trip this time, I did inadvertently stumble into an aqua-and-yellow color combination again! It was totally unintentional, and since I scrapped these two pages about two weeks apart (with lots of other layouts in between), I didn't even realize I was doing it until the second one was finished! It's always been a color combo that I like, though (it's how most of my house is decorated), so I really shouldn't be surprised. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and have a happy Wendesday!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan