Friday Favorites - August 16, 2013

Friday, August 16, 2013

I promise I haven't forgotten this week's Friday Favorites, it's just that the day got away from me! It's been a blur of errands, laundry, cleaning, and one really, really killer Jillian Michaels DVD- so, pretty much situation normal around here. :) And it only got up to 72 degrees outside today- what is up with that?!?

This week's crafty picks are heavy on the scrappy side, and I did sneak in just a little bit of Christmas this week. I'm actually already excited for Journal Your Christmas this year!

So, let's get started!

ff aug 16

From the top left:

  • Valerie O'Neall wrote a super inspiring post at Write. Click. Scrapbook. with some awesome examples of using your scraps to make cards. 
  • Ali Edwards has had a string of fabulous guest bloggers for the last couple of weeks, and I'll be highlighting my favorites in the next roundup or three. Liz Kartchner's summer album gets the spotlight this week- I do love a good mini book!
  • Speaking of mini books, Bella Blvd.'s Diane Payne showed off an adorable Christmas mini album as part of their Endless Inspiration festivities to celebrate their new releases.
  • These mini paper fans at Oh Happy Day are printable files, but I'd love to use just the shapes to cut these out of my own paper scraps. They'd make adorable embellishments for a scrapbook page!
  • I always love how Ashli Oliver isn't afraid to deconstruct things and then remake them to suit her needs, and a fabulous example is how she turned a Smash Folio book into a gorgeous art journal style planner.
  • Lisa Moorefield is offering a free set of printable 3x4 activity cards, perfect for Project Life style albums!
  • I love how Jennifer Larson shows her process for creating a 2-page layout on the Fancy Pants blog.
  • Jamie Pate has put together a gorgeous travel album using lots of Heidi Swapp's memory file products. After all the times I've gone on a trip intending to make an album on the road and failed, I'm convinced that a premade album like this is the way to go!
  • Vivian Masket puts a fun spin on the pie chart trend in a post for October Afternoon.
TTFN!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan