Hyatt Place Layout + Video (Hip Kits)

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Kimberly at Hip Kits asked me to guest design with her July 2013 kits a few months ago, and then due to scheduling issues for both of us that aligned in exactly the wrong sort of way she had to delay posting them until last week. The July kits are still available, though, and they're full of Fancy Pants and October Afternoon goodness, especially if you're in a travel-themed sort of mood.

I've still got several more layouts for this guest design spot in the hopper- all finished and turned in- that I can't share just yet. I can share this one, though, and its accompanying process video!

DSC_9992.jpg


On my trip to Star Wars Celebration VI last year, I was lucky enough to be able to stay in one of my favorite hotels, just half a mile or so from the convention center. I stay at Hyatt Place(s) a lot when I travel for work, but this was the first time while on vacation. It was super comfy as always! I took a few photos of it before I moved all my stuff in and disturbed the whole "just cleaned" aura of the place, and they'll be the first photos in my Celebration VI scrapbook, right after the cover page.

DSC_3140.jpg

DSC_3139.jpg

DSC_3141.jpg

I scrapped just two of the smaller photos on the main layout, but I also had a few others I'd printed at 4x6 that I wanted to include. This divided page protector by We R Memory Keepers was the perfect place to add those pictures in, and with just a bit of patterned paper and one small embellishment cluster, I quickly created a second page to sit opposite the main layout in my album.

DSC_9995.jpg

hyatt place stitched.jpg

A commenter on the YouTube video asked, "What do you do with the back of the pocket page so that when you turn the page in your album you are not looking at the back of the photos and some mismatched paper?" and my answer is that for now I'm leaving it that way, mismatched paper, backs of photos, and all, but eventually when I scrap the layout that goes opposite the back of the protector I'll add some extra photos, paper, and embellishments there to match that layout, too. Until then, it's so not going to stress me out- in fact, I'll barely give it a second thought!

My new work schedule has my days all off-kilter, and I keep wanting to sign off with a "Happy Friday" even though it's Thursday (which is the new last day of my work week)! I think we need to have some new shirts printed for the office- "Thursday is the new Friday."
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan