Harpers Ferry - A Two Page Layout for Lawn Fawn

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Lawn Fawn is celebrating their Fall/Winter release this week, and today I have a layout on the blog that features the new Into the Woods paper collection along with the coordinating sequins and flair. I put the new Stitched Leaves die to work, too, and will all that goodness going on I decided that I two-page layout was in order to fit it all in!

harpers ferry.jpg

I'm finding that I really love the extra pop of contrast that you get when mixing a light and a dark background on opposite sides of a double page spread, and that gorgeous woodgrain print is the perfect thing to offset a piece of distressed white cardstock layered on teal patterned paper.

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

Fall is not my favorite season, so I don't have many fall photos and reached back to these from a 2011 trip to Harpers Ferry while we were visiting Darren's brother in Washington, DC. As I was scrapping them, I kept getting this nagging feeling that I had used them on a layout before, but when I checked my albums the layout was nowhere to be found! It wasn't until I was done with the page that I remembered I'd used them on a CHA layout for Pink Paislee last year, and it was one of the layouts that they kept- no wonder it wasn't in my albums! I'm happy to have these photos home for good finally, and with the two page layout I was even able to include more of them than last time!

All of my typed journaling for my Project Life album is starting to rub off on my other scrapping, too, and I can see a lot more computer printed writing in my scrapping future. There's something about being able to compose my thoughts with the exact amount of available space clearly visible in front of me that makes journaling easier to work into the design. I'm pretty sure I'll be doing this a lot more in the future!

DSC_3513.jpg

DSC_3518.jpg

I made a card for an earlier release week post, as well, using the Woodgrain Backdrops stamp set, more Into the Woods, and another round of Stitched Leaves dies.

DSC_3543.jpg

All of these new Lawn Fawn goodies are currently being shipped to stores and should start showing up on shelves both physical and virtual any day now! Until then, you can check out lots more inspiration from the rest of the super talented Fawny girls over on the Lawn Fawn blog.
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan