geek girl | august 11, 2013

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Hola and happy Sunday, geeklings!

So, did anyone else jump online and buy Star Wars Celebration tickets when they went on sale last Wednesday? I admit that I felt more than just a teensy bit crazy buying passes for an event that's more than 600 days (and two whole Winter CHAs!) from now, but I wanted to make sure that I am there!

And, in honor of all things celebration related, this week's roundup is full of all kinds of geeky sweetness!

gg august 11

From the top left:
  • When Geeks Wed not only posted this brilliant TARDIS cake, but also some behind the scenes photos showing how it was made!
  • You shall not pass...me these Lord of the Rings cupcakes, because they look too pretty to eat!
  • The movie Up! made me cry (don't tell Darren). But these Up! cupcakes? They totally make me smile!
  • Thank goodness these sushi themed donuts don't actually taste like sushi!
  • These Doctor Who cookies featured on Nerdalicious totally rock, and not just because they feature my beloved 10th Doctor. 
  • These pirhana plant cake pops are the first of two Mario Bros. themed sweets in today's picks.
  • And this amazing Mario cake is the second!
  • I know that the cake is a lie, but are these Portal cookies real?
  • Hostess With the Mostess shared photos of this awesome chemistry inspired party, just perfect to celebrate your budding nerdling's next birthday.
Today's video is even sweetly themed- check out this cute little clip of a Death Star trench run...through a cake!

Death Star Cake (:34) from Homer Liwag on Vimeo.

MTFBWY!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan