citrus twist kits summer blog hop

Friday, August 9, 2013

Hello, and happy Friday, everyone! If you're arriving here from Kasia Tomaszewska's (aka Worqshop) lovely blog, then you probably already know all about the Citrus Twist blog hop going on today. The text in italics below is the same as you've read on all of the other designers' blogs, so you can skip that part if it's starting to sound like a broken record. :)

Welcome to the Citrus Twist Kits Celebration Blog Hop!! We have some fun celebration inspiration for you and of course, what's a blog hop without awesome prizes! This hop is in celebration of our new website. We would love for you come check it out here.We also want to remind you the August kits will be revealed on August 12th!

Citrus Twist has an amazing special going on right now for new subscribers: purchase a 3-month or longer subscription (PL or Main Kit) and get a free goodie bag of embellishments ($20 value). And if that's not enough of a perk, we also want to remind you that once you have subscribed for 12 months, your 13th kit is FREE (you just pay shipping on the free kit).

Now for the Prizes: Two lucky commenters who hop to ALL 10 design team blogs will be entered to win one of two $10 gift certificates (GC) to the Citrus Twist Store.

You just need to leave a comment on EVERY designer's blog to be entered to win. We would love to hear about something you are celebrating or you can leave us some love. After visiting all 10 DT blogs, come back to the main Blog Hop blog post and comment that you visited each blog and and your name will be entered into our contest. (place link to main blog) Comments end Monday August 12th. Winners will be announced on the main Citrus Twist Kits blog by Friday August 16th.

For my celebration-themed layout I pulled out the August Add-On kit from Citrus Twist and paired it up with a couple of photos from the prep work that my Mom and I did the morning before my Dad's birthday party last year. The bright and bold pinks and aquas matched the wrapping paper and balloons from the party (the pink one was for my grandmother, whose birthday is also on the same day), so I ran with it!

DSC_0030.jpg

I tried something just a bit different for me when designing this layout- I used one of Noell Hyman's flexible templates- her version of sketches that are general design frameworks that give you an idea of where things should be placed but also leave a lot of room open for interpretation. Shimelle Laine recently challenged herself to scrap using one of her own sketches, one of Allison Davis's sketches, and one of Noell's templates, and I took the inspiration for my page from the template video that Shimelle included in her challenge post.

The resulting page is quite a bit different from what I normally scrap. The layers are more spread out instead of placed directly underneath the photo, the lines are generally cleaner (though I did get a little funky with the blocks of paper under the photos), and overall it has a simpler feel to it. The template also didn't make the page any easier for me- in fact, it felt harder! Apparently my brain just doesn't work this way. Some people will tell you that my brain just doesn't work, period. :)

DSC_3324.jpg

I did have fun adding some tiny little details here and there, including using the photo corners from the Echo Park Here and Now sticker sheet as arrows and tucking some little bits under the top and bottom paper strips.

DSC_3325.jpg

DSC_3322.jpg

Nina Ostermann's blog is next up on today's hop, and she has another layout to share with you today.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and I hope you have the happiest of weekends!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan