2009 Reading List

Sunday, January 10, 2010

For my last 2009 in review post, I wanted to catalog all the books I read last year. Unfortunately there were only 11- I felt like I read a lot more than that, but I did read a lot of magazines (and I didn't count any scrapbooking books I read). Also, for nearly 4 months at the beginning of the year I was doing nothing but eat, sleep, and work, and after that I started running outside or on a track and lost my treadmill/elliptical reading time. So sad. :( I will have to read more this year, and for goodness sake, I need to get some nonfiction on this list!

Of course there had to be a lot of Star Wars on this list. :) I'm disappointed that the Fate of the Jedi series novels are so short, but I did read all three of them that were published this year. I'm excited that I will be able to read the 4th one on Kindle when it comes out this year.

Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Outcast


Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Omen


Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Abyss


I also read the Coruscant Nights series this year. I think that I actually read the first in this series in 2008- I can't remember if it was '08 or '09, so I'm not counting it to be safe. These were okay. I'm not much into prequel era stuff, but they filled the gap for me while I was waiting for Fate of the Jedi to come out.

Star Wars: Coruscant Nights II: Street of Shadows


Star Wars: Coruscant Nights III: Patterns of Force


Then there were the Stargate books. I only read two this year, but I think I bought about a dozen of them. They're now gracing my "to-read" shelf.

Stargate SG-1: The Cost of Honor


Okay, so what exactly do you do after you pull your friends out of a black hole they've been slowly sucked down into over the last five years?


Stargate Atlantis: Reliquary

Seriously, will they never get tired of screwing with John Sheppard's DNA? Or turning him strange colors?


And, just to prove that I can read utter garbage and enjoy it, I read two Burn Notice novels this year, as well. They were awful- horrible plots, bad editing, lots of typos. But I LOVED them- they were funny and made me laugh so much! Seriously, if you like the show, they're worth reading and will probably only take you a day or two.

Burn Notice: The Fix


Burn Notice: The End Game


I know, I know, I haven't read Harry Potter yet. Sacrilege!! Last year I did read two of them (toward the end of the year) and am working on the fourth one now. I read the first one some time in 2008. They really are quite good, but looooong once you get past the first two or three.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets



Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban



So, there you have my cringe-worthy reading list that I'm actually not ashamed of in the least. :) This year I want to read a few photography books in the mix, too, and definitely try to up that count!

Oh, and you may have noticed the new little widget from GoodReads in the sidebar. I'm going to do my best to keep it updated with the books I'm reading this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan