Before and After - My Sewing Storage

Monday, January 4, 2010

Last week when I had my sewing day and posted all my unfinished projects, I neglected to show you where I store my sewing supplies and works-in-progress. It was bit of a DIY project- I already had the dresser (I think since I was a baby, but Mom and Dad will have to refresh my memory) and just needed to repaint it and replace the knobs. In November we had a gorgeous day- sunny and low 70's, so I took advantage of the cheery weather to complete the dresser makeover.

This is the before- these are the colors it's been for as long as I can remember. They're not bad, but they don't coordinate with the colors I'm using in my scrap room. Plus the paint had been chipped and scratched from years of use, so it was definitely time for an update.


And here is the after! I used two coats of Glidden Gripper primer followed by two coats of Behr Premium Plus satin finish paint in Nude. I used a foam roller for all of the paint application to give it a smooth, brush-less finish.


The color is much lighter and fresher now, and these Anthropologie knobs really pop, don't they? I have a whole bunch of different ones that I bought on clearance and will be using on various projects around the house.


Isn't it amazing what you can do with a little paint and some new hardware? My "new" sewing dresser fits perfectly with my scrap room decor, and my sewing machine sits neatly atop it when not in use.

2 comments:

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan