Scrap Room Tour Part 3: Mini Albums, Kits, Seasonal, and Projects in Progress

Monday, January 25, 2010

Welcome back for the third installment of my big scrap room tour! If you missed the first two parts you can check them out here.

Today I'm going to walk you through my solution for storing mini album supplies, some seasonal items, and most importantly page kits and works in progress.

The bookshelf below houses all the items mentioned (plus a few more things) and sits on the wall between the bed and the Expedit. The curtain covering it is the same type of curtain I have on my window (clearanced shower curtains from Anthropologie). I sewed a rod pocket in it (plus I needed to take up a little extra length) and then put a tension rod through that. It works well to hide the mess, plus it can be easily pulled aside or even removed when needed.


I keep the bookshelf covered because it's not the neatest part of the room- all those boxes and a few little piles of things actually make it look pretty cluttered. There is definitely a method to the madness here, so let's take it shelf by shelf (just like the Expedit tour), shall we?


I keep these pretty photo sorters on the very top of the shelf. Mom and Dad bought them for me for Christmas many years ago. Michaels used to carry them, though I haven't seen them there in a long time.


I'm afraid that the next shelf down is not very organized at all. It's where I just kind of throw stuff that I don't know what else to do with. The only exception to that is my large Fiskars trimmer. It only lives up here because it's really big and doesn't fit anywhere else.


The next shelf down actually has some room for expansion, proving that my room is not completely stuffed to the gills. :) Here I've stored some page kits in big 2.5 gallon Hefty zip top bags. Normally these would be in 12x12 Iris boxes like the other page kits, but I kind of, ummm, ran out of them. (blush)


There are two 12x12 Iris boxes on this shelf. One holds scraps and items that need to be put away. Inevitably when I come home from a crop with a stack of completed pages, I also end up with a partial box full of paper scraps and leftovers from my page kits. They sit in this box until I get around to putting them away.


The other box holds supplies for my most current project. In this case, it's holding all the stuff for my Journal Your Christmas album.


The next shelf down holds more boxes of page kits and also past kits from kit clubs.


Kit club kits, like this one from Scarlet Lime, are stored several to a box, each in its own bag.


There are also kits that I've made myself from my stash, like these that were the result of the Color Creative class I took online last summer at GotCrafts.


And there are also boxes of single page kits that I've put together. I could (and probably will) do an entire post on how I put together page kits, but in a nutshell I start with a sketch and photos (which I have cropped and printed to size), then choose paper and embellishments to go along with them. Kits get stacked in 12x12 boxes with sheets of cardstock between them. They make it super easy to just pick up a box and go to a crop.


I didn't get a full picture of the next shelf down, but it's basically just more page kits with only a couple of new things thrown in.


There are boxes here for seasonal embellishments. I only use these on certain projects, and it's much easier if they are all in one place. Christmas items are here.


And Halloween ones here.


Also on this shelf are some bigger kits- these are for entire albums, like this one for a cruise that Darren and I took in 2004. Yes, I really am working on photos from that far back still! The entire album is coordinated, so I'll keep everything together here until it's finished. (Note to self: finish this album soon!)


This is another "album kit" for some of Darren's mission trip photos.


The very bottom shelf holds an assortment of miscellaneous albums, some collections of memorabilia waiting to be placed in a scrapbook, and also some empty organizers. It also contains boxes of mini album supplies and page protectors.

Mini album supplies, including some complete blank albums and supplies to make my own albums are stored in three different boxes. There's no rhyme or reason, it's just all kind of thrown together.


The page protectors in this box are divided and/or odd sized ones that I don't use very often. I bought most of these on clearance at Archivers a long time ago.


And that's the end of Part 3 of the scrap room tour! Judging by the number of photos I have left, there will be two more posts. Hopefully I will have them both up next week. :)

I'm linking this to Get Your Craft On day over at Today's Creative. Click the banner below to see what everyone else has been working on!


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for these posts. They have given me some great ideas. We do a lot of similar things, but yours always seems to be just one step nicer then what I do, lol.

    Again thanks for the ideas & inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I love looking to see how others organize & store their stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing organization! So very pretty too. Do you know when the organization bug truly hit? I wonder if it began with those nifty plastic shoe boxes that still reside in the top of your old closet? :-) You make me want to sort something!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing more irratating the buying something going home and finding out that you already have two! Great job organizing! It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan