layout: tennessee state fair

Saturday, May 7, 2011

DSC_4383.jpg

Happy National Scrapbooking Day to everyone! I hope you've had time for at least a little crafting today. I know I got a couple of pages done, a couple more started, and lots and lots of photos edited. There have been so many fun challenges today, and (as always) it's so hard to keep up with them when they come at you so fast!

I don't have any of my new layouts ready to share just yet, but I wanted to post this one that I made a few weeks ago based on Kelly Purkey's Sketchbook 3 class. By the way, if you missed this class you should totally stalk her blog until she offers it as a PDF download (her first two Sketchbook classes are already available for instant purchase). It's absolutely packed with amazing sketches and layouts!

_DSC7513.jpg

I loved the way Kelly used the Lemonade Mister Huey spray to color all but a few blocks of her patterned paper, and I ended up lifting pretty much all of her page design (I did change up the embellishments).

DSC_4387.jpg

The photo is from last year's trip to the Tennessee State Fair- the perfect subject to pair with Studio Calico's State Fair paper line (of course!). I love these patterns and look forward to getting more of my State Fair photos scrapped with them!

DSC_4385.jpg

How did you guys spend your NSD? Scrapping? Chatting? Something else entirely? Please, dish away in the comments!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan