cherry blossom mini album with the maggie holmes collection

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I may or may not have squeaked just a bit in delight when I opened up my box of goodies from Crate Paper for my guest design spot with them last week and discovered that they'd included the entire mini album kit from the new Maggie Holmes collection. I love the look of a mixed-up mini album, and this little kit made it so easy to put one together with all of its pre-coordinated pages.

DSC_8300.jpg

Supplies:






We had a very late spring this year, meaning that my beloved cherry blossoms were at least two weeks behind their normal blooming season. My box from Crate Paper arrived when it was still cold, and it didn't take me long to decide that I wanted to dedicate this mini to one of my favorite times of the year! In fact, I finished it the weekend before they all actually bloomed, so it was the perfect lead-in to the season for me.

DSC_8294.jpg

With all of the Maggie Holmes collection in hand, I decided to do something that I rarely ever do- throw a ton of product into one project. I normally would not use this many die cuts, ephemera bits, and dimensional embellishments in one place, but since Crate Paper was so generous with what they sent, I decided that an album about one of my favorite subjects was worth the "splurge" in product. So if you're looking at this album and thinking that you would never use that much stuff in one place, I totally understand- it was unusual for me, too! Had it not been "free," it never would have happened.

DSC_8295.jpg

DSC_8296.jpg

DSC_8297.jpg

All of the journaling and photos are from a post that I wrote at the end of cherry blossom season last year, and I simply copied the text straight into a word processor, printed it out, and cut it into strips. I used the same batch-processing method that I used on another mini album about the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC and worked through photos for all the pages, then the journaling, patterned paper, embellishments, etc., until the entire album was finished.

You can see how it looks all stacked up in the album in the photos above, and I also took pictures of the individual pages below.

DSC_9814.jpgDSC_9816.jpg

DSC_9817.jpgDSC_9818.jpg

DSC_9819.jpgDSC_9820.jpg

DSC_9821.jpgDSC_9822.jpg

DSC_9823.jpgDSC_9824.jpg

DSC_9826.jpgDSC_9827.jpg

DSC_9828.jpgDSC_9829.jpg

I know I'm going to be so, so happy to have this little book to flip through when winter comes around again. I might have to make a mini album like this for cherry blossom season every year!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan