citrus twist sketch layout + april kit sneaks

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

On Sunday it was once again my turn to play along with Citrus Twist's weekly sketches, and I had a lot of fun with the blueprint that Kasia came up with for me!

Melissa

This sketch definitely included more photos than I normally put on a page, and it was fun to do something just a little different! I took advantage of that 1/3 split in the sketch's background to really show off a big chunk of the cloud paper from the Maggie Holmes collection, and to leave it on show I decided to make this a fairly simple page (my simplest of this release). All supplies are from the April main kit.

DSC_9776.jpg

I haven't blogged my birthday photos yet, but I did print and scrap a few instagrams from my little birthday shopping trip! I took advantage of all the rewards and coupons that my favorite stores sent to me and had an inexpensive day out with D. Sushi, trips to Anthropologie and Loft, free Starbucks, and baklava at home as my "cake" made for an awesome day! And special thanks to May Flaum for blogging about Pic-Tap-Go just a few days before- I'm in love with this app and have deleted almost all of my other iPhone editors now!

DSC_7936.jpg

I kept the embellishments to a minimum, but I did stitch a burst pattern through the cloud print paper and added some confetti, stamps, and arrows cut from the tinsel ribbon in the kit to sprinkle along the lines.

DSC_7938.jpg

And these Crate Paper photo overlays in the kit? I have used them tons for layering on my pages, but not as an overlay- ha! I actually ended up with another package of these for another project, and those did get used for their intended purpose. More on that later!

DSC_7939.jpg

Eventually I plan on scrapping another coordinating birthday layout to face this one in my album, and sandwiched between the two I've included a baseball card protector that I tucked some embellishments (a confetti pocket, a stamped card, and another photo overlay with a die cut piece stapled to it) and tags from my little shopping trip. And woohoo to Loft having the entire store on sale at 40% off that weekend, and I also had a birthday discount. :)

DSC_9777.jpg


The April release reminded me all over again why I love working with kits- it's truly my favorite kind of design work. And I have sneaks of all the upcoming kits to share with you, too, starting with the main!

Main Kit - "Play Land"

main-kit-sneak1

Embellishment Add-On - "Indulge Yourself"

sneak-embellie-kit

Project Life Kit - "Captured"

sneak-project-life-kit

Kit Add-On - "Happy Pursuits"

sneak-kit-add-on

And, by subscriber request, Citrus Twist is giving you a closer look at the stamps for each kit, too!

april-stamps

If you're interested in subscribing or just want to learn more about Citrus Twist, hop on over to check them out!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan