crate paper april guest designer

Thursday, April 18, 2013

I had such fun making these layouts for my guest designer spot over at Crate Paper this month! They even let me choose the two collections I wanted to work with, and I immediately snapped up DIY Shop and the new Maggie Holmes line. Today I'm sharing my DIY Shop projects (though if you were on Crate's blog on Monday, then you've already seen them), and I also have a mini album and a Project Life page with the Maggie Holmes line that I'll share a little later on this month.

I fell completely in love with those gold glittered Thickers (the one thing from the Maggie Holmes collection that crept onto the DIY Shop side of things) and used them on all four of my projects, including this layout about D grilling in our back yard. Who says guy layouts can't have gold glitter and flowers? :)

DSC_9808.jpg

Supplies:





DSC_8278.jpg

DSC_8279.jpg

My second layout for today is a two-pager- this is actually the first one that I made when I started trying this format out again! Many of the elements here are from the DIY Shop die-cut pack, which made for some awesome bits to tuck in here and there around the photos, though I slipped in a few pieces of patterned paper, too.

crate paper at the aquarium.jpg

Supplies:





I cannot tell you how much I love the washi tape papers in Crate's collections this release! It's like getting 17 different washi tape patterns all at once- all you have to do is cut the strips apart- and the price is just perfect at just under $2 a sheet. I have tons of big rolls of washi hanging around that are going to be hard to use up, but these sheets give you just the perfect amount to use up along with the collection. And, yes, it looks, feels, and is translucent just like washi on the roll!

DSC_9809.jpg

DSC_9810.jpg

DSC_8274.jpg

DSC_8275.jpg

DSC_8276.jpg

DSC_8277.jpg

Happy Thursday, all! I'll be back tomorrow with Friday Favorites and also a little something that I think fans of my previous Use Your Scraps Weeks will like!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan