new my mind's eye, k & company, simple stories, sn@p, and more at michaels!

Monday, April 8, 2013

There's been a bit of buzz on the forums lately about all the new products hitting Michael's stores, so yesterday after church I decided to pop in to the store on the south end of town (the "good" Michaels, since the one near me doesn't get the fun stuff right away...if ever), and while I was there I snapped some photos with my iPhone to share with you all! A few of them came out just a touch blurred, but here we go, anyway. :) You can click on any of the photos to see a larger view in Flickr.

Two of the colorways (Bluebell and Tangerine) from the My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing collection popped up in stores, including 6x6 pads, enamel dots, wood and chipboard button sets, layered stickers, brads, and chipboard embellishments. All of the embellishments are $3.99 a package, and the paper pads are $5.99.

IMG_4103.jpgIMG_4104.jpg

IMG_4106.jpg

IMG_4105.jpgIMG_4107.jpg

If you're familiar with My Mind's eye's usual brad packs, they've split them into two to get the price point down for the displays, meaning that you'll actually pay more overall for these if you purchase them separately. They've also bundled the three sticker sheets from the collection into one pack, and if you're looking for the paper to go with these, Michael's has had a rebranded 180 sheet paper pad ($19.99) for The Sweetest Thing (with the thinner paper sheets) in stores for a couple of months now.

IMG_4108.jpgIMG_4126.jpg

They're also stocking a new, bright, colorful line by K&Company called Handmade. Here's a peek at the embellishments...

IMG_4109.jpg

IMG_4110.jpg

IMG_4111.jpg

...and the paper pads, which come in both a 12x12 pad and a spiral bound 8.5x11 notebook.

IMG_4112.jpg

IMG_4113.jpg

IMG_4114.jpg

IMG_4115.jpg

IMG_4116.jpg

The biggest surprise for me on this trip was the journaling card sets from Me and My Big Ideas. I'd heard of them, but wasn't sure what to expect. As soon as I saw them, though, I fell straight up in love!! The packs are $4.99 each and include 72 cards- a perfect size and amount for a mini kit, and a configuration that I wish that Becky Higgins would release her kits in! There are lots of styles to choose from, and I've shown you the backs of a couple more packages below. Oh, and the backs of all the cards are neutral grids, so if there's a design or two you don't like in a pack, they're still totally usable.

IMG_4117.jpgIMG_4119.jpg

IMG_4118.jpg

IMG_4120.jpg

IMG_4121.jpgIMG_4122.jpg

MAMBI has also released their own sets of Pocket Pages, including one that is identical to Project Life's Design A (and a few other PL designs, as well).

IMG_4123.jpg

IMG_4124.jpg

IMG_4125.jpg

And, yes, the buzz was indeed correct- Sn@p by Simple Stories has arrived at Michaels! This is the older release from Summer 2012's CHA, but you'll find the pockets, paper, embellishments, notecards, page protectors, and even the albums here! The only item my store was out of stock on was the letter stickers, but there was a peg on the display for them.

IMG_4128.jpg

IMG_4129.jpg

IMG_4130.jpg

IMG_4131.jpg

IMG_4132.jpg

IMG_4133.jpg

Michaels also has some new additions to the Recollections embellishment line- the one that always looks like Prima in a different package. There are lots of flowers, bling, and the other embellishments that you'd expect in Prima lines, including their new wood veneer shapes.

IMG_4134.jpgIMG_4135.jpg

IMG_4136.jpg

IMG_4137.jpg

IMG_4138.jpg

They also have a display of lovely vintage-style embellishments with lots of sparkly bits.

IMG_4139.jpg


IMG_4140.jpg

Heidi Swapp's collection has been at Michaels for a month or two now, but I thought I'd snap a photo of the paper pads, anyway. Notice that Fabulous Girl pad on the bottom left? That's actually the Simple Stories Fabulous collection, just rebranded. Recollections has added glitter to many of the pages, though, so I didn't pick it up. I absolutely would have otherwise!

IMG_4141.jpg

IMG_4142.jpg

The last stop on this little tour is the new rack of washi tape designs, all under Michaels Recollections line.

IMG_4143.jpgIMG_4144.jpg

IMG_4145.jpg

It's good to see some fresh items hitting stores- especially products that I haven't seen elsewhere like the Me and My Big Ideas cards!

Aside: if you were expecting a Project Life post today, it's been delayed. I have lots of new Project Life pages (and regular layouts!) finished, but I can't share them yet since they were for assignments. I'll have one on Friday with the Citrus Twist reveal! 
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan