happy birthday - a two page layout! {lawn fawn}

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Oops! So there was a slight mix-up of the dates on my end, and I have my second layout from Lawn Fawn's April Inspiration Week to share with you today and not tomorrow!

sophie is two.jpg

Supplies:






Yes, that is indeed a two-page, multi-photo layout! After seeing several threads requesting them on the forums I decided to try one for myself. It's been a couple of years at least since I've made a two-pager without a divided page protector on one side (and prior to that I only made two-page layouts from sketches), and I'd been looking for something just a bit different to try size-wise, anyway.

I had a bunch of 3x4 and 2x3 photos left over from some events (this page includes photos from my niece's second birthday) where I'd scrapped all the single-page layouts that I wanted, so I pulled them out and made this page and two others within a two week timespan, and I have to say that I'm loving making them! The design is a little bit different from my normal blocked photos and embellishment clusters scrapping- there's definitely less in the way of layering and emebellishment on the page, partly because I didn't want to overwhelm things when there were already so many other photos, and partly because Lawn Fawn's collections only include paper, stickers, and twine, giving me limited items to work with.

DSC_9851.jpg

Stitched banners are a popular embellishment in scrapbooking collections lately, but they're also super easy to make on your own! I posted a tutorial for them here during my first Use Your Scraps week, and all you need is a punch (I used a Martha Stewart starburst punch- it and her butterfly punch live on my scrapping desk permanently), a sewing machine, and a few minutes to whip one together! I stitched a pair of them to serve as the main embellishment on this layout and then used some buttons to anchor them to the top of the page.

DSC_9853.jpg

It's kind of hard to see in the photo below (it shows up nicely when looking at the page in person), but I also did a bit of heat embossing on the yellow strip down the side of the page using a combination of Lawn Fawn's Year Three and Mother's Day stamp sets.

DSC_8349.jpg

DSC_8352.jpg

DSC_8350.jpg

Be sure to check out what the other Fawny girls are doing over on the Lawn Fawn blog today! I'll be back tomorrow with two layouts to share, including another 2-pager!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan