project life 2012 | week 48

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I haven't posted them all yet, but I have just one more layout left to complete my 2012 Project Life album! I've been totally procrastinating on the weeks leading up to Christmas (and actually Christmas week itself is the only one that I have left), because I just couldn't decide how I wanted to tackle them. The photos were an odd mix of everyday, lots of Christmas preparations, and a vacation in the Caribbean. None of them really fit together thematically, and I didn't want to take the approach I did with my 2011 album where I simply used Christmas paper for the entire month of December.

This week, though, I decided to stop procrastinating and actually get these into my album!

project life 2012 week 48.jpg

Supplies:





As I was flipping through the paper pads for Cosmo Cricket's newest collections that Julie so generously sent over (I am super bummed that Two Peas won't be carrying these- luckily Scrapbook.com is stocking them), I came across the new Honky Tonk collection and the nostalgia just hit me. You see, I grew up near Nashville (my parents and brother still live there), and while I don't really enjoy country music, the guitar and cowboy motifs in this collection definitely remind me of home. I remembered that one on my unscrapped weeks included photos from a trip I took to visit my family and see my niece's Christmas program, and since the reds, greens, and woodgrains in this collection just happened to match the Christmas-like colors in my photos, I ran with it!

DSC_9807.jpg

DSC_9806.jpg

I love Cosmo Cricket's new collections and definitely plan on doing more than just Project Life with them! This seemed like a good place to start, though- especially with the 8x8 pads in the collection, which I really prefer for cutting down for Project Life- and as soon as I finish up two little rounds of projects that are in the works (which should happen by the end of next week- yay!), I'm going to start scrapping with these papers for sure! And maybe if I have time I can do a Back to the Future series with one of them- I'll have to see how it goes!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan