Geek Girl - September 21, 2013

Saturday, September 21, 2013

What's this? Geek Girl on Saturday? Why, yes! Tomorrow is the monthly Garden Girl blog hop for Two Peas, so I thought I'd go ahead and post the geeky picks tonight instead of leaving them out this week altogether.

Besides the roundup there are a couple of interesting new items that popped up this week, including set photos from series three of Sherlock and a small excerpt from Martha Wells' upcoming Princess Leia novel, Razor's Edge. It looks like there will be plenty of geekiness to get me through the upcoming winter months!

And now, on with the usual roundup!

gg sep 22

From the top left:
  • I spotted this super adorable Star Wars character art over at Nerd Approved.
  • There have been several Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles parties popping up in the blogosphere, and the latest I've found is as Hostess with the Mostess, filled with great and totally doable ideas.
  • When I was shopping for a new refrigerator a couple of years ago, I looked for the usual options- freezer drawer, French-style doors, and an on-board ice maker and water filtration unit. Little did I know that I actually should have been looking for the Han Solo in carbonite model!
  • This shirt at Gimmick Tees marries two of the best things known to mankind- Star Wars and bacon.
  • This adorable sushi tray at Sweet Tooth is made totally from candy!
  • It's the One Ring...for teething
  • The TARDIS meets classic elegance is this beautifully done Doctor Who wedding.
  • Check out these fun Star Wars cookies at Tie Fighters.
  • What geek doesn't love test tubes and beakers, especially in miniature? AptoArt's Etsy store is filled with sweet little wearable baubles in all kinds of themes.

Tonight's video pick totally makes me think of my Dad (hi, Dad!) who does an epic Cookie Monster voice (as immortalized on a layout here). Here's a look at Tom Hiddleston (aka Loki) teaching Cookie Monster a lesson on delayed gratification. So adorable!


MTFBWY!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan