Layout - ID4 5K (Bella Blvd)

Thursday, September 19, 2013

I've had two layouts for Bella Blvd waiting in the wings to post for quite a while now, and today I'll be sharing the first of them. Originally I was asked to be the "Bella of the Ball" in their June newsletter, but then the April issue was never published, and eventually the April content was used for June instead. I was then slated for August, but August's issue was never published, and by the time the next newsletter came out in the fall the CHA Summer 2013 product would be out, making my layouts with the Winter and mid-season releases look a bit..."dated," I suppose. So Bella gave me the go-ahead to just post my pages here on my blog instead.

Whew. Okay, enough inside baseball...how about a layout?

DSC_9877.jpg

Supplies:



Bella let me choose the two collections I wanted to work with, and I made sure that one of them was All American. I love a good red, white, and blue patriotic collection, especially since I end up with so many photos around the 4th of July. For this layout I used some of my photos from the Independence 5K last year, when my cousin Michelle and I ran it together. She won her division, and I took third in mine with a (then) PR of 26:09 (which I actually beat at this year's ID4 5K!).

DSC_8720.jpg

I started this layout with the circle cutout from my Silhouette, then arranged the photos around it. With six pictures taking up a lot of the real estate on this single-page layout, I kept the embellishments and patterned paper pretty simple- just a few border strips across the top and some round elements to fill in the cutout circles. I also popped the title up on some skinny bits of foam tape to make them stand out a bit more.

DSC_8721.jpg

DSC_8722.jpg

I'll be posting my second Bella layout soon, and I'll also be back tomorrow with a new edition of Friday Favorites. See you then!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan