Project Life 2013 - Week 9 - Hip Kits

Monday, September 9, 2013

When Kimberly asked me to guest design for Hip Kits, she had two specific requests for my assignments- could I please put together a process video for one of my layouts (I've already posted that here), and could I also please do a Project Life layout?

I'm always up for using fun supplies on a Project Life page, of course!

project life 2013 week 9.jpg

This entire spread has a bit of a dark tone to it, which it totally fitting since it was the last week of February. Week 9 was filled with short days, a mix of rain and snow, and working out indoors while wishing I could be outside. There were also yummy lettuce wraps at Phuket, a bit of kitchen experimentation at home, and crocus blooming despite the frigid temperatures.

DSC_9990.jpg

If you're wondering why I waited so long to scrap this particular week in my Project Life album, it has everything to do with that crazy blue carpet in the photo above. I snapped a photo of Darren and I in our toe shoes after we'd finished a running session around the suspended track at the gym, and after I had it printed it was the reason I kept skipping over this week. Nothing matched it...until this kit and that blue paper from Elle's Studio's Saltwater collection fell into my hands. Between the blue paper and the peachy tones and yellows from Fancy Pants Memories Captured that matched the food from Phuket and the Easter candy display at Fresh Market, it was the closest thing I was going to get to a good match!

DSC_9989.jpg

I kept the embellishments simple as usual. I've said before that I don't like for my Project Life layouts to take more than an hour to put together, so I just choose a few spots that look like they could use a little contrast or a little something "extra" and add in little bits like the brads, cork arrows, or veneers from the kit.

DSC_3138.jpg

DSC_3132.jpg

DSC_3135.jpg

This week I'm grateful that I scrap my Project Life layouts out of order, and not just for the usual "it's easier to print photos in batches" and "I don't care if I'm behind" reasons. This time it's because I scrapped this layout about cold temperatures in the middle of the summer, and it was an amazing reminder that I needed to get outside and enjoy the sunshine while it's here. On that note, I think that a good run outside is in order tonight, and I definitely need to pay a visit to the Botanical Gardens this week!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan