Merry Halloween - A Two Page Layout at Two Peas in a Bucket

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The latest Garden Girl gallery at Two Peas in a Bucket is up, and this month's theme is Fall! My layout is all about my favorite part of Halloween, and I decided to go for another two-page spread this month.

merry halloween.jpg

Supplies:



I have to admit, when Two Peas announced this month's theme to the team, I was not at all a happy camper. I know lots of people love fall, but I am definitely not one of them. To me it's not a fun time of year- it's the death of summer and that much closer to winter. So, yeah, it made me a little pouty. :(

But then I got over myself and scrolled through my photos to see what sorts of fall-ishness I could come up with. I'd recently scrapped some fall leaf type photos (in another two-page layout for Lawn Fawn) and didn't want to do another one so soon, and then I came across our pumpkin carving pictures from last Halloween- bingo!

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

Since we only take a handful of Halloween photos each year, I don't need a ton of Halloween supplies laying around my scrap room. The 6x6 pad and Whatnots pack from Glitz's Raven collection along with a tiny sheet of tab stickers from Bella Blvd. were plenty of themed items for this page, and the 6x6 pad has enough geometric prints that it should be useful for other projects, too. I absolutely fell in love with the "Merry Halloween" die cut in the package (for the same reason I love "Happy Christmas"- it's just not something you hear a lot in the US!) and made it my page title, then added some non-themed items like the Pink Paislee Luxe stars and a few stickers and bits from other collections as finishing touches.

DSC_3628.jpg

DSC_3629.jpg

DSC_3630.jpg

The design for this page was a lot of fun! Instead of grouping my photos together in a sort of loose grid in the middle, I spread them out into three separate areas and made each into a sort of mini layout of its own that still coordinated with the rest. You can read more about my design choices for this page over in the Two Peas gallery.
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan