Project Life 2013 - Week 29 with Citrus Twist Kits

Monday, September 16, 2013

The Pocket Life kit at Citrus Twist this month includes an awesome mix of Carta Bella's Hello Again collection along with a little bit of Dear Lizzy's Polka Dot Party. They're two collections that I might not have put together on my own, especially since the items in the September kits are the first pieces of anything from Carta Bella that I've ever owned, but the pinks and navy blues in both lines are great matches that helped pull together this week's layout!

Project Life 2013 Week 29.jpg

I'm skipping around in my Project Life album again, this time focusing on Week 29, in the middle of July. This was the week Darren left for ten days in Swaziland while I stayed home and worked through the wacky (and exhausting) work schedule that I had to adopt because of sequestration. There are just a few photos from the middle of the week (thank you, 10 hour days), but on the weekend I got plenty of photos at my niece's 3rd birthday party.

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

I used more embellishments on this page than usual since I had a couple of open spaces to play with. While I used the Amy Tan Cut & Paste vellum pockets to hold journaling on two of my regular layouts with this month's kit, on my Pocket Life layout I used one just for layering on a 4x6 card, along with label and floral stickers from the Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party sticker sheet.

DSC_3692.jpg

DSC_3694.jpg

I used another sticker- a tag- and the miniature alphas from that same sheet to make my title card for this week. Last year I got bored making title cards in full 4x6 pockets and quit doing them for a while, and now they're back, just in 3x4 pockets! The wood Polaroid-style card in the kit this month was the perfect frame for the title tag, backed on a piece of patterned paper from the Hello Again 6x6 pad.

DSC_3696.jpg

I recently got back on top of things in the photo printing department and just last week received 200 new photo prints in the mail, almost all for Project Life! I don't mind being behind on actually scrapping my weekly pages, but I do like to have photo editing and printing caught up. Now that the printing is done for the straggling weeks of 2011 and is caught up within a week or two of 2013, I'm excited to start getting these weeks into my album!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan