September Kit Reveal at Citrus Twist

Thursday, September 12, 2013

It's reveal day for the new kits at Citrus Twist, and that means I have lots of layouts to share with you! Three to be precise, and in keeping with my thou shalt not pester thy blog readers with nothing but Project Life pages personal commandment I'm holding out my page with the Pocket Life kit until next week. :)

Photos of both of my nieces ended up on layouts this month, and I'll start things off with some photos from Elyse's prom photo shoot last year. She was seriously working a neon orange dress and silver glittered Tom's!

CTK - Prom.jpg

On this page I combined mostly the main and embellishment kits, though there are tiny bits of the patterned paper add-on and add-on kits here, too. I started off with a sheet of paper from Pink Paislee's Color Wash collection (in the main kit), and after that any additional patterned paper I tried to use just looked too busy! I stuck with just embellishments after that, and the colors of the page were totally inspired by the large floral stickers on the Carta Bella Hello Again sticker sheet in the embellishment add-on. The journaling is tucked into a vellum pocket from Amy Tan's Cut & Paste collection.

DSC_3703.jpg

DSC_3705.jpg

Niece #2, the adorable miss Sophie Clare, graces my second layout this month. I shot these photos on Father's Day weekend when D and I were spending some time celebrating with my family before embarking on our two-week road trip. We had our camper with us and set it up in my parents' back yard to clean it out and get it packed for the trip, and Sophie thought it was the most magical place ever!

CTK - Happy Camper.jpg

This layout has little bits of all the kits on it- I love mixing everything together after I've done my kit-only page for the month! I attempted to channel my inner Wilna with this one, and I was totally inspired by her use of ribbons in this video. Instead of attaching charms to my ribbons as Wilna did, though, I instead used them as a focal point down the center of my page, with photos arranged in a loose grid to either side. I also filmed a video of this one, and it'll be live on the Citrus Twist blog later this month.

DSC_3701.jpg


DSC_3700.jpg

My last layout today features...me! It's not often that I'm on a layout, but as I was flipping through recent photos looking for one to match the bold colors in the Add-On kit, this picture of me at Amphitheater Lake in a bright red fleece jacked looked like it was a good fit.

CTK - Lake Hike.jpg

This was my "kit-only" layout for the month, so everything here (with the exception of the vellum and the white tag, because I needed something for journaling) is from the Kit Add-On that I was assigned to work with for September. When I started this page I knew I wanted to go with lots of color and pattern, making sure to show a good chunk of that lovely map-printed cloud paper from Studio Calico's Thataway collection. I felt that the photo was getting a bit lost on the page with the patterned background, so I tucked an entire 8.5x11 piece of vellum under it to tone the geometric print down in just that area.

DSC_3706.jpg

DSC_3708.jpg

I've also got a peek at the kit reveal to share with you here, including the reveal video I filmed along with pictures of the Main Kit, Pocket Life kit, and the adorable stamp add-on for this month. If you'd like to see the other kits and add-ons, they're here at Citrus Twist!


Sept Main Kit Type

Sept PL Kit Type

Sept AddOn Stamp Type
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan