Layout - Adorable Beth (Hip Kits)

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My sister-in-law is totally going to kill me for today's layout...probably as much as she'd like to kill me when I'm sneaky about taking photos of her from across the room at family gatherings.

I don't do it to just her- I try to catch everyone just being themselves when we're all together- and sometimes they turn out well and other times not. But Beth? Is totally adorable, and I don't think I've ever taken a bad photo of the girl. She's just always cute and herself, and it shows.

DSC_0036.jpg

This layout was the last page I scrapped with the July kits from Hip Kits (I know! I've been slow getting those posted- it's been busy around here!), and though the kit was filled with lots of travel-themed elements I was able to find ways to use them on an everyday layout.

DSC_3382.jpg

I started by pulling a color scheme of pink, blue, and green based on some of the more colorful elements in the photo, then added some woodgrain in to mimic the wood dining table top. The two small green die cuts are from October Afternoon's Travel Girl Miscellany kit, and while they definitely have a travel spin on them, they're not totally out of place on an everyday layout since they also mimic the effect of ephemera or found objects on an old-fashioned scrapbook page. In other words, I just did what made me happy here. :)

DSC_3383.jpg

I also pulled in some darker elements- the black checked chipboard button and the black border sticker across the top- since Beth's shirt in the photo is also black and it helped to tie everything together nicely.

DSC_3385.jpg

Beth and Jon are also expecting their second baby- a boy- in the next couple of weeks, and we're all anxiously waiting to meet Miss Sophie Bug's little brother!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan