Two Peas October Garden Release - This Is Me (Mini Album)

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The October release is up in the Garden Girl gallery at Two Peas in a Bucket today, and this month's theme is "All About Me." My project this month is a 4x6 mini album because when I tried to fit everything I wanted to say on a layout- even a two-page one- it simply refused to fit and mesh together. So, a mini it was, and a chunky one at that!

this is me 1.jpg

Supplies:




I realize that's a massive supply list, but I really did use bits and pieces of all of those items! One reason I love storing my supplies, especially embellishments, by color is that it really helps me to mix products from different manufacturers and collections just by looking for pieces with common colors. When I started pulling products for this album, I used the colors in the Lakeside collection by Pebbles as a jumping off point, and everything else was selected to coordinate with it.

this is me 2.jpg

You can read all about my design process for the album here, but in a nutshell I kept the format for the album simple- each two-page spread has a single, unembellished 4x6 card on one side and a 4x6 mini layout on the other, with each one documenting a little something about me. After I finished with the photos and embellishments I was having a hard time deciding where to put the journaling, so in the end I simply typed it all up and put it into an enveloped adhered to the back page of the album.

this is me 3.jpg

this is me 4.jpg

this is me 5.jpg

this is me 6.jpg

this is me 7.jpg

this is me 8.jpg

this is me 9.jpg

this is me 10.jpg

this is me 12.jpg

this is me 11.jpg

this is me 13.jpg

This album was a fun way for me to use up some of those 4x6 journaling cards that I felt were really "me," but that I rarely have space for in my weekly Project Life layouts- it's kind of cool to see them all in one place.

You can also see all of the other fantastic Garden Girl projects for this month here in the Two Peas gallery.
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan