Project Life at Two Peas - October 2013

Monday, October 28, 2013

In both 2011 and 2012 I ran a five day blog Use Your Scraps Week blog series, and, while I haven't done a full week again for 2013, I have tried to incorporate ways to use up paper scraps in some of my projects along the way this year. You'll find five of those ideas in a post for Shimelle's blog earlier this year, and in my latest Project Life video for Two Peas in a Bucket I took on the challenge of using paper scraps to embellish one of my weekly layouts.

project life 2013 week 28.jpg

Supplies:

I started this week's layout with the new Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party Project Life Mini Kit (phew, that's a mouthful to have to say type!) and used the colors in the cards to help pull together a big stack of papers from my scrap bin. I turned those papers into embellishments and journaling cards for my layout, and you can see how I put everything together from start to finish in this week's video.


DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_4593.jpg

DSC_4594.jpg

DSC_4596.jpg

Digging through my scrap bin is always inspiring, and this project had the added bonus of forcing me to pull out a bunch of tools (decorative edge scissors, anyone?) that hadn't been used in quite a while. A method like this would also be great for building a December Daily or Christmas journaling kit- just start with one new thing like the Bundled Up Journaling Cards from Crate Paper or the It's Christmas 6x6 pad from Webster's Pages, then shop your scraps and older embellishments for items to fill in the gap!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan