Friday Favorites- March 25, 2011

Friday, March 25, 2011

One of my absolute favorite parts of putting together these Friday Favorites posts is creating the roundup collage each week. Even though I've already picked out all the projects, it's still a surprise to me to see what they look like when they're all combined together in a neat little grid.

Okay, so it's also that I have a thing for neat little grids. :)

This week was more than slightly horrific at work (imagine two groups of people arguing with each other, using you as a proxy, and both angry about the way you're handling it), and even though I was supposed to be off today I ended up at the office putting out more fires. As a result, I didn't get nearly as much scrappy playtime today as I would have liked, but I've managed to clear my schedule tomorrow of everything except TRX (the gym helps maintain my sanity) and a lunch appointment at Panera. The rest of the day will be purely fun!

Here are just a few things that are fueling my desire to make stuff this weekend:

 
From left to right:
  • These beautiful travel embellishments from Evalicious are probably my absolute favorite pick this week. Lately I simply adore anything travel related! (The possibility of making tiny embellishments like these is also why I always keep every little scrap of paper that I could possibly punch a shape out of.)
  • Susan Weinroth has a tutorial for creating some fantastic felt food! I'm going to have to try to make some of this for my little nieceling.
  • Natasha at Moments of Tranquility shares a post about how she customized a desk for her scrapbooking workspace, including some great tips for keeping often-used tools close at hand.
  • Learn to make your own pleated ribbon at Making Memories.
  • Elsie Flannigan shares a list of her favorite iPhone photo apps. If you're like me and your "Photography" folder on your phone is completely full, you'll love this post!
  • Kirsty Smith has a great guest post on Shimelle Laine's blog. If you like the Polaroid look, you'll love her "fauxlaroid" ideas!
  • I am so in love with this page by Marcy Penner. I adore the way she printed her photo directly onto white cardstock, and I hear my cherry blossom photos screaming at me to do the same!
  • Learn a cute trick for making pennant banners using a large scallop punch at Seriously Brains.
  • Dina Wakely has a post at Get It Scrapped on starting your scrapbook pages with paint. She has some great ideas for paint-o-phobes like me!
Have a scrappy weekend!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan