Geek Girl: The Doctor Who Minute

Saturday, March 12, 2011

I feel as if I've been spending an inordinate amount of time blogging about Star Wars geekery, when in real life (whatever that is), I've been on a serious Doctor Who kick. I think that calls for at least a quick list of Whoniverse related links tonight!

First off, if you're not a Whovian you might want to consult this infographic that will explain everything you need to know about everyone's favorite Time Lord.

Of course, now that he's that last of the Time Lords, doesn't that automatically make him the favorite?


Doctor Who has inspired almost as many craft and construction projects as Star Wars! For instance, I came across the TARDIS cupboard and wardrobe below on Twitter (because everyone needs storage that's bigger on the inisde).



I haven't seen a plastic canvas project in a long, long time, but this TARDIS tissue holder is a super cool example of geek craftery.


Okay, where do I go to vote for FedEx to start leaving notices like this?


The good news- David Tennant (the tenth Doctor) is set to be immortalized on British postage for his role in BBC's production of Hamlet (and if you haven't seen it, I cannot recommend it enough!). The bad news- they've covered up his best feature...his hair!


Show of hands- who wishes that we all had ride-in Dalek toys as kids?


And, finally, because old Star Wars habits die hard, here's Doctor Who...with lightsabers. :)


Until next time, geek out, peeps!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan