I Have An Addiction

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

_DSC3841.jpg

If you were to look around Research Park or the university campus near my house at sunrise or sunset on a spring morning, you'd see the usual stuff- families out walking, joggers, people driving too and from work...

And a crazy girl out taking photos of trees.

_DSC3498.jpg

That crazy girl would be me. Hi, my name is Melissa, and I'm addicted to cherry blossoms.

_DSC3649.jpg

This is the time of the year when I'm up before dawn (okay, so I do that anyway to go to the gym), chasing the "good light" in the photographer's golden hour that only happens during two short periods of each day.

_DSC3577.jpg

I'll take literally hundreds of photos in the fleeting week or two that these lovely trees are blooming.

_DSC3479.jpg

And then I'll edit some of them mercilessly, pulling out every trick available to me in Lightroom (with the help of Totally Rad Presets- love them!). Some will end up looking normal, and some will get the vintage treatment. A few might even get printed. :)

_DSC3359.jpg

I spend the whole of the month of February looking forward to this time, but I'm never sad when it's gone because summer is close on its heels.
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan