Perfectly Normal: An NVS Layout

Monday, March 7, 2011

_DSC3093.jpg

The March challenge is up at Nerdy Victorious Scrappers, and it nearly threw me for a loop! I took one look at the collage and thought, "no way will I ever find photos or paper to match them to make that work."


About a day later I had to eat my words thoughts. You see, I was organizing my patterned paper on Saturday- sorting some older lines by color, consolidating the different manufacturers into their own sections- when I came across some bold blue Star Wars paper by Creative Imaginations. Darren had discovered it when we were in Scrappy Boutique in Orlando on our way home from Aruba, and I'd brought it home and stuck it in a holder with some other new papers and promptly forgot about it until that fateful day last week.

It turned out to be the perfect paper for scrapping a few more Celebration V photos (are you getting tired of seeing those yet?).

_DSC7455.jpg

I chose several costume photos this time, and as I was printing them out I remembered how after I came home from the convention I was trying to tell Darren how normal everyone there was- that it wasn't really geek-nerdville at all.

And then I started looking through my photos. And then I watched this video from possibly my favorite part of the con...


And then I realized that my version of normal is somewhat...relative. :) Because, dude, we really were a bunch of geeks and nerds!

_DSC3098.jpg

Anyway, back to the page. I broke out the white Mister Huey again to tone down the background paper and get some of the random vibe from the collage onto my page. I switched out the heart doodles for some acrylic stars edged with white paint, then added a little finishing touch in the top corner with a Martha Stewart border punch. I think that using the punches in little bits like that instead of along a whole border is going to become a "thing" with me- I love it!

_DSC3095.jpg

This page taught me something- I went from thinking there was no way I'd scrap from the collage to putting that page together in less than an hour. I'm getting a lot more comfortable with my own scrapping process- taking less time to make decisions about photos and paper and design and embellishments and just going with my first instinct. It's working well for me so far, and pages are coming together faster and more easily, and I hope that trend continues in the future!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan