cha winter 2013 : studio calico

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Something very odd happened while I was in the Studio Calico booth at CHA Winter 2013. It was the middle of the second day of the show, and from the time I entered until the time I left, the only other soul there with me was a salesgirl who offered me a catalog. In a show where I had to circle back to many booths multiple times to get photographs in around the crowds of customers, this was an unexpected occurrence! It gave me time to take lots of photos of their new collections, though, so prepare yourself for a photo-heavy post!

DSC_6451.jpg

I'll start things off with Snippets- a bright, colorful, everyday sort of line.

DSC_6430.jpg

DSC_6431.jpg

DSC_6432.jpg

DSC_6433.jpg

Studio Calico brought along all the expected embellishments for their new collections, including their popular wood veneers, stencils, and some chipboard stickers that will look familiar to those who have bought Studio Calico items in the past or subscribe to their kit club as they've been firmly in speech bubble, arrow, and chevron territory for quite some time.

DSC_6434.jpg

DSC_6435.jpg

DSC_6436.jpg

DSC_6437.jpg

DSC_6438.jpg

All that alone-time in the booth gave me extra opportunities to photograph the design team's lovely work a bit more than usual, too!

DSC_6465.jpg

DSC_6453.jpg

DSC_6439.jpg

DSC_6440.jpg

The Here and There collection is an aptly named eclectic mix of...well...a little bit of travel and a bit of urban life in the form of skyscrapers, with pets and farm animals (in the form of wood veneer shapes) thrown in for good measure. The colors are fun and bright and cheerful with lots of blues and oranges in the mix, grounded by dark woodgrains.

DSC_6454.jpg

DSC_6463.jpg

DSC_6464.jpg

DSC_6462.jpg

DSC_6459.jpg

I do love these woodgrain Thickers. Skinny fonts are fast becoming a favorite of mine.

DSC_6458.jpg

Studio Calico has expanded their Handbook range for this season, adding four new binders along with coordinating sets of inserts.

DSC_6455.jpg

DSC_6456.jpg

DSC_6457.jpg

I'm going to admit that I fell completely in love with Studio Calico's third collection, Sundrifter, as soon as I spotted it. I'm not certain, but I think I spot a Tim+Beck (formerly Sassafras) influence here, and as of yesterday this line is available for purchase at Two Peas in a Bucket.

DSC_6470.jpg

DSC_6469.jpg

DSC_6468.jpg

DSC_6472.jpg

These ombre Thickers are a lovely addition!

DSC_6471.jpg

DSC_6475.jpg

DSC_6474.jpg

DSC_6473.jpg

DSC_6467.jpg

Darling Dear was Studio Calico's mid-release and has already been on store shelves for a few months now, but since it was in the booth I thought I'd go ahead and photograph it, too.

DSC_6441.jpg

DSC_6442.jpg

DSC_6445.jpg

DSC_6448.jpg

DSC_6444.jpg

DSC_6450.jpg

DSC_6452.jpg

All of the American Crafts family of collections (with the exception of Project Life) are currently shipping and should be arriving at stores any day now.
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan