project life 2013 | week 3 {lawn fawn}

Monday, February 18, 2013

It's time for another Inspiration Week over at Lawn Fawn, and today I'm up on the blog along with the layout girls, showing off some projects with the soon-to-be-in-stores Pink Lemonade collection.

project life 2013 week 3.jpg

Whenever I get a new collection in my hands (especially from one of my manufacturer design teams where I know I'll be using the product for the next several months), I usually like to go ahead and cut into it to make a Project Life page. It gets me used to the colors and patterns in the collection and is also a way to cure those "first cut jitters." I know you guys know what I'm talking about! When all the cuts are either 3x4 or 4x6, it's easy to get things started, and I end up with lots of scraps that I don't even think twice about cutting up for layouts later! I find this is a great way to break in a new monthly scrapbooking kit, too. 

DSC_9728.jpg

DSC_9730.jpg

This particular week documents my second and last day at CHA Winter 2013 (which ended up covering more than half of the layout!), and then the rest of the week as I settled back in at home, did a little organizing, a little Valentine's Day crafting, and started blogging about all the new CHA goodies. I've been slowly changing up how I do my journaling now that I'm enjoying printing on the cards instead of writing everything by hand- fewer cards with more writing that covers more than one photo seems to be working well for me, and I like that I can include more photos that way.

DSC_7250.jpg

DSC_7248.jpg

DSC_7251.jpg

I'll be back tomorrow with another (more traditional) Pink Lemonade layout- I'm feeling like it's time to get my Easter on over here! Honestly, I have no idea what I mean by "get my Easter on," but I'm in a wacky mood, so I'm just going to roll with it...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan