february out of the box challenge {pretty little studio}

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

DSC_6993.jpg

February is my last month on the Pretty Little Studio design team, making this my final project for their Out of the Box challenge series!

 
I have to admit, this one threw me a bit at first. Pink? Red? Pink? It's just one color I don't use much of, and when I do need to scrap with it I either reach for photos of my niece, Sophie (since lots of her clothes have pink in them), or for cherry blossom photos.

DSC_9697.jpg

Supplies:



As I was flipping through my photo binder I stumbled upon these cherry blossom photos from last year, from one of the trees that has blooms with more of a reddish-pink hue than most of the yoshinos do. Decision made- cherry blossoms, it is. :)

DSC_6991.jpg

I hand-cut the pink floral sprays from a sheet from the Pretty Little Studio Antique store collection, then went digging through the journaling cards to find a few more pink and red bits to finish things off. The brads, buttons, bling, and washi tape are all older stash, and that woodgrain background paper is from Studio Calico's Christmas collection, believe it or not!

DSC_6990.jpg

DSC_6989.jpg

I've got just a couple more Pretty Little Studio layouts in the hopper before my time with them as up. And as the design team commitments wind down, my time to dig in and use up some older supplies is ramping up- love that!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan