layout | crazy fun {lawn fawn}

Saturday, February 23, 2013

DSC_3819.jpg

Once upon a very long time ago (last June, to be exact), Creating Keepsakes magazine asked two members of the Lawn Fawn design team to make layouts showing a creative use for Lawn Fawn's hemp cord for an upcoming feature in one of their issues. Then Creating Keepsakes went through some editorial changes and moved lots of things around, and our layouts at in limbo for many months. Last week they finally decided to do something with mine and posted it to their blog, so I can finally share it here, too!

DSC_9386.jpg

Supplies:



And this, my dear friends, is why I don't submit to magazines- I hate the waiting! I'd much rather share here on my own schedule (which is usually just as as soon as possible!) than hold pages out until I find out if they've been picked up for publication. It's so much more fun for me this way!

DSC_3820.jpg

This layout was done so long ago that Lawn Fawn's Bright Side paper line was still new, and I used the gray and kraft chevron prints to piece together "hills" that I then lined with Lawn Trimmings hemp cord, and a few hand-cut snowflakes from Lawn Fawn's Frosties set finished off the embellishments for this page about our crazy snow kayaking adventure a couple of years ago (there's also video of the insanity if you click through that link...).

DSC_3821.jpg

As I'm writing this (a few days in advance) I think I hear sleet outside my window, though I doubt very much that we're going to get any snow- much less the kind of accumulation that would make another round of snow kayaking possible!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan