citrus twist kits february 2013

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

It was kind of light on layouts on the blog while I worked on rolling out content from the CHA Winter 2013 show, but today I'm going to make up for it with the four new layouts that I made for Citrus Twist Kits with the just-revealed-today February lineup!

Just a side note- many of the new kits were already sold out at presale. Trina greatly expanded CTK's inventory for February, but the club grew much more quickly than she anticipated in the last month. She's expanding the numbers again for March to try to include everyone- Citrus Twist doesn't want to be a kit club that's known for being sold out all the time, so if you're trying to get in, please email Trina!

My first layout has actually already been up on the Citrus Twist blog as part of the sneak peek festivities. I started this one by using the little kraft bag that the kit embellishments were packed in as a base and layered papers and photos on top of it. I finished things off by sprinkling embellishments and sequins down the page to look like they were spilling out of the bag. And, as for the subject- Darren + the cats + a laser pointer = big time entertainment in our house. :)

DSC_9698.jpg

Supplies:




DSC_6988.jpg

DSC_6987.jpg

This page was inspired by the "I Love To Eat" journaling card from the Pebbles Seen + Noted pad. I flipped through my photo binders until I found a set of pictures that would work with the theme, and luckily everyone looked great on that sheet of Amy Tangerine Ready. Set. Go. woodgrain paper that I'd been hoping to use! So happy to have these photos of my Dad grilling in my album now!

DSC_9715.jpg

Supplies:




DSC_7204.jpg

DSC_7206.jpg

I really, really wanted to hoard that sheet of Dear Lizzy vellum- it's just so unbelieveably pretty in person! I made myself use it, instead, on this layout of a couple of my author signing photos from Star Wars Celebration VI. All of the layouts from this event are going in their own album, though I'm not using the same supplies on them all. Instead, I'm making sure to use bright colors on them all and that each has a mix of aqua and yellow or red somewhere on the page (you can see some other layouts from the album here and here).

DSC_9716.jpg

Supplies:



DSC_7200.jpg

DSC_7201.jpg

My last layout with this month's kits is a spread from my 2011 Project Life (June 5-11, to be exact) album. The kit comes with a ton of great journaling cards including a mix of Studio Calico's Darling Dear and a Crate Paper Accent Cuts sheet from the Fourteen collection, along with a Pebbles 6x6 paper pad from the Seen + Noted collection- you can go girly, scrap Valentine's Day, and scrap the everyday all in this one kit!

project life 2011 june 5-11.jpg

Supplies:



DSC_9710.jpg

DSC_9713.jpg

DSC_7207.jpg

DSC_7208.jpg

DSC_7209.jpg

I've seen just a little bit of the Citrus Twist Kit lineup for March, and it's going to be an exciting one with lots of new stuff from CHA in the add-ons and Project Life kit!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan