the final stop and scrap box of 2011

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

DSC_5563.jpg

Yes, I fully realize that it's the middle of January 2012, but in a lot of ways I'm still living in mid-December 2011. My Journal Your Christmas album, for instance? Still in the works, though I'm bound and determined that it will get done. Even if it means I'm digi scrapping on the entirety of the flights to and from LA the week after next.

One of the other things that I still want to share from December? A good-sized box from my absolute favorite online scrapbooking store ever, Stop and Scrap! I was actually surprised that this shipped so early- usually I let me preorders pile up to save on shipping costs, meaning I may get things a month or so after I order them, but they surprised me by shipping this one early, and I'm not complaining at all!

Want to see what was in it? I know I have some readers who love to see what comes in these oh-so-wonderful boxes. :)

First up was the new Holiday Style line from October Afternoon. I was over the moon excited to finally get this in my hands. I've already been playing with it and will share a layout I made using the collection tomorrow.

DSC_5612.jpg


I've really taken a liking to October Afternoon's 8x8 pads- they make some of their larger patterns so much more usable.

DSC_5609.jpg

And of course I had to have my Sprinklers and Miscellany, along with lots of letter stickers, chipboard, and labels.

DSC_5607.jpg

DSC_5610.jpg

DSC_5611.jpg

I already had the Farmhouse paper line, but wanted the stickers and chipboard elements to round out the collection. Such a great theme and wonderful color scheme!

DSC_5590.jpg

DSC_5589.jpg

I loved the orange and turquoise color palette in Authentique's Gathering line.

DSC_5606.jpg

There was new Basic Grey in the box, too! I ordered a few of my favorite patterns from the Little Black Dress collection in 12x12 sheets and then purchased the 6x6 pad to get the rest of them. I've been ordering my paper like this for a while now, and I really like the way it works for my scrapping. It's especially useful now that I'm doing a lot more Project Life!

DSC_5593.jpg

DSC_5594.jpg

I loooooove the colors in the Picadilly line!

DSC_5569.jpg

DSC_5570.jpg

My Mind's Eye had me at the word "Kraft" with their Kraft Funday collection. Again, I got just a few papers and the 6x6 pad from each set...

DSC_5573.jpg

DSC_5574.jpg

But then went a bit nuts with the bling, twine, and brads. You know how much I love my twine and brads, especially. :)

DSC_5580.jpg

DSC_5579.jpg

DSC_5577.jpg

I ordered some of the Love, Me line, also from My Mind's Eye, long before I knew it was going to be in the January kit from Scrapbook Circle. Oh, well, I love the hexagons, so I'm sure I'll find a use for that sheet again somewhere!

DSC_5571.jpg

Crate Paper's Paper Heart line is going to be great for sooooo much more than Valentine's scrapping. Just look at those colors!

DSC_5568.jpg

DSC_5566.jpg

Now, this is where the box gets interesting. You see, Stop and Scrap had some major clearance sales before Christmas, and while I try to not load up on too many things like that I couldn't help it at the prices they were offering. For instance, these bling swirls were between 90 cents (yes, cents!!) and $1.50 each.

DSC_5582.jpg

The stamps were only $2.40- how could I pass that up?!?

DSC_5583.jpg

And these fabric letter stickers? $1.20 a set- for all those letters!

DSC_5584.jpg

There were lots of Studio Calico goodies on sale, too. I managed to restrain myself, but I still picked up some labels for Project Life and also their grid stamp from Hero Arts that I'd been eyeing for a while.

DSC_5585.jpg

DSC_5587.jpg

DSC_5588.jpg

I picked up some chipboard from the My Mind's Eye 12 Days of Christmas collection to go with the papers I already had.

DSC_5592.jpg

And Stop and Scrap had a HUGE sale on American Crafts.

DSC_5600.jpg

By huge, I mean Amy Tangerine papers for 20 cents a sheet (the fabric and stitched sheets were a little more than that, but not much!).

DSC_5605.jpg

DSC_5604.jpg

I loved this map print so much and had already used up the one I ordered, so I bought several more to take its place. I can always use a good map print!

DSC_5602.jpg

And the Thickers? Oh my goodness, they were $1.25 a set, and these were new CHA Summer 2011 releases!

DSC_5599.jpg

DSC_5598.jpg

DSC_5597.jpg

DSC_5596.jpg

DSC_5595.jpg

I'm almost embarrassed to say that I should have another box at some point soon. Not long after these sales they put a bunch of Ranger items on clearance, and I stocked up on reinkers, Distress Inks, Stickles, and paints for- get this- 80% off!! I know! I'll be sure to share that box when it arrives!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan