project life 2012 | week 2

Monday, January 30, 2012

Week 2 of Project Life for 2012, and I'm still completely in love with this format!

DSC_8435.jpg

This week I took it "easy" mostly used items from the Project Life Amber Core Kit. Not every week has to be an amazing scrappy masterpiece. In fact, most won't be!

A close up of the left side...

DSC_8437.jpg

This is actually the back side of the 4x6 chevron piece (from Keri Bradford Studio) that I used in my Week 1 layout. Did you see that Keri has a whole set of nothing but 3x4 and 4x6 background files out now for Project Life?

I added a fabric flower by Bella Blvd and some Tim Holtz tissue tape to perk it up a bit, though I am going to have to watch out for using too many bulky embellishments as this album grows.

DSC_8487.jpg

I added a Sassafras (oh, how I miss that company!!) Paper Whimsy to the top of this journaling card from the Amber kit.

DSC_8489.jpg

And here I did get a little scrappy. The supah pretty printed cupcake is from Pink Paislee's Soiree line, and I layered over a shipping tag (and on another card from the Amber kit) with a bit of baker's twine to finish it off. I did refrain from stitching it, though, just to prove that I do have some small amount of self control.

DSC_8491.jpg

One of the things that I totally love about Project Life is the "stuff" that gets added to the album. For instance, where else in my scrapbooking would I use part of the packaging from my husband's latest beer obsession? I realize that beer obsession may have been a poor choice of words- really he gets a 6 pack every six weeks or so, and it takes him about that long to drink it all.

DSC_8492.jpg

And here's the right side...

DSC_8441.jpg

I used a couple of Elle's Studio tags (which are much easier to find now that I've organized my Project Life supplies) on this week's spread, too. I love these little guys!

DSC_8495.jpg

The honeycomb piece was cut on the Cameo using a border file from the Silhouette store. I resized it so that the width was right for the pocket, then trimmed the length on my paper trimmer.

DSC_8493.jpg

And I totally didn't plan this, but look how cool the cupcake is going to look showing through the back of the honeycomb on Week 3!!

DSC_8498.jpg

Speaking of Week 3, it may be a bit delayed since I'm using the new kit from Scrapbook Circle and have to wait until it's posted on the blog there before I share it here. Every once in a while I may have to show weeks out of order because of something like that- just a little advance warning!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan