scrapbook circle layout | the couch at anthro

Monday, January 9, 2012

DSC_6472.jpg

I had to laugh to myself a little last week when fellow Scrapbook Circle design team member Diana Waite posted that she had to let the January Scrapbook Circle kit, You + Me, simmer with her for a little while before scrapping with it, and then it all just came together. I felt exactly the same way when it first arrived- it was all pink and red and mushy, and I'm definitely not a pink, red, or mushy kind of girl. So I let the kit simmer, as Diana put it (admittedly for longer than I intended due to circumstances beyond my control) as I decided how best to put my own spin on it and make it decidedly me. I even had a minor freak-out moment on Twitter about it after seeing the gorgeousness that the other DT girls were putting together and thinking that I could never live up to that, but then I got over myself and sat down to do my thing, and wouldn't you know that all four layouts came together in record time on the same day? I was on fire, I tell you!

This was the first layout that came out of that session...

DSC_8748.jpg

Step 1 of making this kit my own was to choose photos that are decidedly Melissa-style- usually meaning they're somewhat silly. This one is of Darren crashed out on his favorite sofa in the whole world...which just happens to be at our local Anthropologie store. If it wasn't $6,000 I'd buy it and bring it home for him!

DSC_6473.jpg

Step 2 involved bringing in the Kraft Funday chevron paper by My Mind's Eye to use as a background. It tones down the page a bit while still adding plenty of pattern.

And Step 3? Cutting out those hexagons! I wrote a whole article for Scrapbook Update last fall on the hexagon/honeycomb/lattice trend, and it's still one of my favorite trends from last year!

DSC_6475.jpg

The layouts that I made with this month's kit are some of my favorites that I've made in quite a while. I'm looking forward to sharing the rest of them with you over the next few weeks!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan