new dcwv, martha stewart, k and company, and valentine's goodies at michaels

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Saturday night I was out picking up a few items at our local Target store, which just happens to be in the same shopping center as Michaels, and decided to pop in to see if any of the new Valentine's Day items were out yet. I'd heard rumor on Two Peas that some new merchandise was trickling in, and I was pleased to find several new displays!

I didn't have the D3 with me, but I did take a bunch of photos with my iPhone 4S. Please excuse the slight off-ness of some of the items- I'm still getting used to shooting with my phone like it's a regular camera. The brick (the pet name for the D3) really is my photographic security blanket. :)

Anyway, on with the new goodies!

The rumors of the new Valentine's items being in stock turned out to be true! There was an endcap dedicated to K and Company items...

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg


IMG_1350.jpg

...and one whole side of the display was nothing but Martha Stewart merchandise. See that heart confetti punch on the right? I'm pleased to report that's the only thing I brought home from this crafty excursion. I'd been looking for something to make lots of tiny hearts quickly and will probably end up using it on a mini album I'll be making this weekend.

IMG_1345.jpg

Lots more Martha goodies.

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

I thought this heart glitter was too cute! I might have to go back with a coupon and get a pack.

IMG_1347.jpg

And of course there was a section of her awesome party goods, as well.

IMG_1349.jpg

There were lots of new non-Valentine's items too. The new spring stuff from K and Company was in stock, including two new Susan Winget paper pads.

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

IMG_1335.jpg

Michaels has added some new paper stacks to their in-house Recollections brand, as well.

IMG_1330.jpg

8.5x11 scrappers will be happy to learn that there's even a stack or two (or three!) catering to just your size, and in a whopping 240 sheet set, no less!

IMG_1331.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg

Die Cuts with a View has lots of new yummies out, too. I'm all set to get the full tour of the new additions at CHA (their marketing department has already been in touch with me to set it up) at CHA in a couple of weeks! The scoop will either be here or at Scrapbook Update- not sure which yet, but I'll let you know when it's available.

IMG_1337.jpg

DCWV has a new glitter stack that has plenty of sparkle and zero mess- the glitter just won't come off the page!

IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

The Silky Smooth cardstock stack is...well, silky smooth. :) It's got a really nice sheen to it.

IMG_1342.jpg

They've also got a new selection of papers with pre-adhered rhinestones.

IMG_1343.jpg

Each sheet is packaged in its own wrapper within the stack to prevent damage.

IMG_1344.jpg

These decorative trim tapes, also by DCWV, really caught my eye in the home decor department.

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

Just look at that lovely glitter!

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

I was kind of surprised that these items were already out since my store is very slow to stock new items. Hopefully that means they'll be turning up soon (or already be out) for the rest of you!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan