project life 2012 | week 1

Monday, January 23, 2012

Squeee! I'm so excited to finally be posting Week 1 of my 2012 Project Life album! I've completed two weeks so far (and the third week, also know as last week, is in the works) and I have to say that I'm loving it so much more now that I've backed away from the whole "photo a day" thing and am taking the weekly approach. Using my own stash in conjunction with some of Becky's awesome Project Life supplies also has me pumped, too- it's like each week I can go pull an old favorite (often something I've been hoarding) out of my stash and use it!

Here's the two-page view, starting with New Year's Day (my weeks start on Sunday- it's just how I roll, yo). Since I was (and still am) terribly elated that I'd actually made the Pink Paislee design team, I pulled out a few sheets of their old Office Lingo collection (remember that gorgeousness?) and mixed it in with some items from my Amber Core Kit.

DSC_8422.jpg

On the left side I have photos from New Year's Eve/Day (we're so exciting- we stream the ball dropping in Times Square online, usually in our pajamas). January 1st is also when I officially finished and photographed my massive scrap room overhaul!

DSC_8426.jpg

I LOVE these Thickers! I also added a shipping tag, a bit of baker's twine, and a little label from Studio Calico.

DSC_8480.jpg

The chevron die cut was made using my Silhouette Cameo and a file from Kerri Bradford's Life Additions 2 kit.

DSC_8481.jpg

Little journaling cards from Elle's Studio are perfect for this project but they're a little small for the pockets, so I just mat them on a piece of patterned paper before inserting them.

DSC_8483.jpg

Another Silhouette die cut- this one is by KI Memories from the Silhouette store.

DSC_8482.jpg

The right side, with a few photos from the rest of the week (I was actually pretty bad about taking photos that week, but you'd never know it to look at this page!).

DSC_8427.jpg

Another shipping tag, a bit more baker's twine, and a tiny tag from Elle's Studio layered with a My Mind's Eye brad adorn this pocket.

DSC_8484.jpg

I totally took the inspiration for using this chevron die cut as a see-through element from Nichol Magouirk's first week of Project Life- such a great idea, and I'm sure one that I'll use again!

DSC_8485.jpg

And have you seen this?!?!?



I've been searching around for an American Crafts album (I only use their albums for my scrapbooks) to use specifically for Project Life, and as soon as I saw this super cute camera album from Amy Tan's upcoming Sketchbook line, I knew I'd found what I was looking for! As soon as it's available I'll be ordering one...or three. :)
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan