friday favorites | january 6, 2012

Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy Friday evening, peeps! Lots to share today- I've kind of been all over the place this week, so there's lots to tell you about in addition to this week's picks!

I've already linked up a couple of my Scrapbook Update articles this week, but I failed to mention that I also wrote a companion piece to my scrap room overhaul with some tips for those of you who are thinking about tackling your own crafty or even living spaces.

Becky Higgins linked up my post on how I used her Project Life envelopes to preserve bit of of Christmas wrap. The post she included it in is a phenomenally huge wealth of information and inspiration for Project Life in general- definitely worth reading! Speaking of Project Life, there's been so much goodness on the web about it lately that I'm planning an all Project Life Friday Favorites next week!

And, I'm saving the most exciting news of the week for last- Celine Navarro of Green Frog studio announced her team of guest bloggers this week, and I'm thrilled to be included on it! You'll see me posting there from time to time, mostly working from her fab sketches. Funny story...I was driving to work one morning with my iPhone laying in the passenger seat. I do not use the phone for email, text, or web while driving, but I happened to glance over at it while at a red light and saw Celine's name pop up in my email alerts. I didn't check it right then, but you can bet I dug into my email as soon as I got my car parked at the office! I've been a fan of Celine's work for a long, long time, so I'm super excited to be joining her on this adventure!

And now, on with this week's picks!


From the top left:

  • Katrina at Pugly Pixel shows how to make your own custom envelopes from magazine pages using a cute envelope template.
  • This vintage crafts themed party at Amy Atlas Designs is full of lovely ideas for parties and craft projects alike!
  • Check out a cool way to use the negative space of a used-up sticker sheet on a scrapbook page at Crate Paper.
  • Apartment Therapy has rounded up photos of lovely (and small!) craft spaces.
  • Love the look of Hipstamatic photos, but hate that you have to use the app itself to shoot the photo (why, oh why do they not allow post-processing of outside images?!?!?)? Check out this set of Hipstamatic actions for Photoshop at WBActions (found via Deb Duty Photography). 
  • The pie chart on this layout by Marcy Penner definitely appeals to the geek in me!
  • I've selected a few mini albums to round out this week's picks, including this sweet one posted at Bella Blvd.
  • Speaking of Celine Navarro, she has an amazing mini album posted on the Fancy Pants blog.
  • You can find this fun leaf-shaped mini at Crate Paper.
Have a scrappy weekend!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan