geek girl | january 22, 2012

Sunday, January 22, 2012

So tonight we, being between Big Bang Theory discs from Netflix, decided to pick up where we left off watching Farscape long ago (we sort of lost interest in it after discovering Doctor Who). I now remember why we lost interest so quickly...can anyone who's watched the entire series tell me if John stops being crazy any time soon? We just watched the sixth episode of season 3, and crazy John is really, really getting on our nerves. This show was cool and all during the first season, but the coolness seems to have been replaced with John slowly going insane.

When is Doctor Who coming back on? Ugh!!

And if you have no idea what I'm talking about, please accept my apologies. The scrapbooking will be back tomorrow. :) In the meantime, here are some geeky (and mostly non-crazy) links.


From the top left:

  • I'm already trying to figure out if there's a spot for this R2-D2 area rug in my scrap room!
  • The detail of the Obi-Wan and Vader figurines on this cake are amazing! Though Vader looks a bit more like a Goa'uld super soldier in this case...
  • Super cool silhouetted versions of Star Wars posters.
  • How about a life-sized Stormtrooper cake? I can't believe they actually cut into it!
  • Darren just informed me that a storm system the size of the one that came through last April and brought a cell of tornadoes that, among many worse things, left most of Huntsville without power for a week, is on its way here right now. Kind of wish I'd bought one of these Star Wars umbrellas now! (And now he's telling me that the same system is putting tornadoes on the ground three surrounding states- lovely.)
  • The Doctor Who timeline is long, confusing and, well...wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff. But this infographic attempts to help sort it out.
  • These amazing landscapes carved out of books are more art than geekery, but cool nontheless!
  • The same goes for this rug made from hundreds of Hot Wheels- pure art!
  • Have you seen the original 1983 Apple iPhone prototype? Seriously! I'm not kidding!

Until next time, geek out, peeps!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan