new yearlong scrapbooking projects for 2012

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I've got big plans for some new projects here in my little scrappy world this year. A few of them will be shared on the blog while others are more organizational in nature and might spark an idea for something you'd like to do yourself!

Basic Grey Kit Feature

Big project number one involves all those lovely Basic Grey card and layout kits that I picked up on clearance a few weeks ago. I found a few more of them the weekend before Christmas, and I have enough to feature a kit every couple of weeks throughout 2012. I'd like to thank everyone who chimed in when I originally bought them and expressed interest in seeing the finished product- it was a unanimous yes vote!

Here's the post where I shared what I originally found, and I've also got photos of the new ones.

I was lucky enough to find the Kioshi and Lauderdale page kits...

DSC_5850.jpg

...and greeting card kits from the Pyrus, Hopscotch, Life of the Party, Wander, and Lauderdale collections. 

DSC_5848.jpg

DSC_5469.jpg

DSC_5465.jpg

I'm really excited to get these going. I've got a pile of photos from my 4x6 printing days still waiting to be scrapped, and these layouts should make a pretty good dent in it. I also really need to beef up my card stash, so those card kits are going to come in handy!

Project Life

I'm going to be continuing my rebooted Project Life album in 2012. Sometimes I'll use a kit, sometimes I'll use supplies from a certain line or manufacturer, and sometimes I'll just pull out my Amber Core Kit and make it really easy on myself. I'll be sharing all of those layouts here on the blog as I finish them.

School Albums

My brother and I both have many, many boxes of old school papers (I'm talking all the way back to first grade and maybe even kindergarden) in the attic at my parents' house. I haven't even run this idea past Mom and Dad yet, but I'd love to dig into those boxes and start putting the items worth saving into albums. I don't want to do anything too fancy, but I'm thinking that some of Becky Higgins' Project Life items (especially some of the divided page protectors and the 12x12 envelopes) will come into play here.

This is a project that I a) have to first get my parents' blessing on and b) will have to do when I make the trip up to Nashville to see them. I'll be sure to post progress here as it's made should I get the green light!

Scanning Negatives and Magazines

I have both a stack of scrapbooking magazines that I'd like to digitize and a binder full of old negatives that need to be digitized. I have specialize scanners for both of these jobs- a document scanner that automatically feeds pages and creates a PDF and a negative scanner that is made specifically to hold and feed film strips. It's time that I stop procrastinating and put both of these to use. My goal is to scan either one magazine or one roll of negatives each day. If I do that, I'll have all of both items done well before the end of 2012.

So that's my 2012 plan- to do all the items listed above in addition to my regular scrapping. I think it's totally doable, and I look forward to sharing results and progress with you all as it happens!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan