1000th post | cherry blossom randomness

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I was really, really shocked when I looked at my published post count a few days ago and realized that I was going to hit 1000 posts sometime this week.

In fact, this is my 1000th post.

I can't believe that I had 1000 posts worth of stuff to say.

I can't believe that I still have more to say after 1000 posts and almost four years of blogging. But I do.

Tonight, though, I'm a bit tired from what's already been a long work at week (and it'll be longer still before it's over), so I'm just gonna ramble about one of my favorite things in the whole world for a minute.

Cherry blossoms.

We're on the countdown here until the fluffy, pink trees reappear along the streets of Research Park. Last year they made their grand appearance on my birthday (which was somewhat amazing), and hopefully they'll pop out a bit early again this year. I'm sure I'll once again take 18,000 photos of them (and then attempt to scrap 17,999 of those photos).

Until they finally arrive, though, I'm enjoying the little bits of cherry blossom that I've see pop up on the web recently.

For instance, this shirt was on Shirt Woot earlier this week (or late last? all the days are running together right now). I couldn't help ordering one! I think it's still available for at least a little while longer if you want one, too.

 

 

And this stamp was recently announced by the US Postal Service and should be out in late March. Might have to order a first day cancellation of this one- isn't it gorgeous?!?!

 

You'll also find quite a few posts about cherry blossoms here on my own site, so I'll leave you with a list of links to just some of those before I head off to bed.

Happy 1000 posts! Thanks so much to everyone who reads, comments, and pins from here. :)
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan