cha winter 2012 | my mind's eye

Friday, February 10, 2012

My Mind's Eye was ahead of the game this year and started shipping their new collections before CHA Winter 2012 even began! In fact, this month's Scrapbook Circle kit contained quite of bit of the new Follow Your Heart line by Rhonna Farrer, and my design team package with the kit and add-on actually landed on my doorstep the day after I left for the show!

DSC_9747.jpg

My Mind's Eye always does a fantastic job of setting up their booth. Just look at that gorgeous paper "chandelier" with the new Follow Your Heart designs!

DSC_9748.jpg

I also ran into some familiar faces while visiting MME- you might remember Jason (in front) from the My Mind's Eye booth post I wrote for Scrapbook Update during the summer show. I think all the guys were getting a bit punchy from being around so much patterned paper for so long, and things got a bit silly when the camera came out. :)

DSC_0288.jpg

Moving on to the pretty paper...

I fell hard for Rhonna Farrer's new Follow Your Heart Line as soon as I spotted the sneak peeks on her blog (it was even included in my pre CHA picks for Scrapbook Update). The collection is split into two separate color palettes- Be Amazing is my favorite of the two with it's beautiful combination of aqua and yellow with kraft accents, but Be Happy with it's array of peachy pinks is quite lovely as well.

DSC_9724.jpg

DSC_9723.jpg

This line simply oozes with Rhonna's signature detailed style.

DSC_9735.jpg

DSC_9729.jpg

Let's take a closer look at some of the Be Amazing papers, shall we?

DSC_9733.jpg

You know that this paper was my favorite from the entirety of both collections, right? I mean, just look at the hexagons!!!

DSC_9730.jpg

DSC_9731.jpg

DSC_9732.jpg

DSC_9734.jpg

There are some amazing embellishments here, as well, such as the coordinating twine and buttons...

DSC_9721.jpg

....brads (oh, such gorgeous brads!) and bling.

DSC_9722.jpg

Here's a close-up of some of the Be Happy embellishments.

DSC_9726.jpg

DSC_9727.jpg

DSC_9728.jpg

DSC_9725.jpg

Jen Allyson's Miss Carolyn collection was the largest of the My Mind's Eye Releases (there was also a third collection in the form of The Bright Side, but somehow I failed to photograph that one). My Mind's Eye has a unique release model in that they create several mini collections under one big name, and then there are sub-lines under that name and even sub-collections under the sub-lines.

Clear as mud?

Basically, it means that if you like the design and feel of one of their collections, but the colors aren't quite right for you, chances are that one of the other three sub-sets of that collection will work for you.

I'll quite trying to explain it now and just show you...

The first mini collection in the Miss Caroline (does anyone else think of Little House on the Prairie when they hear that name?) line is Howdy Doody. Kind of an odd and off-the-wall name for such a soft, floral line!

DSC_9736.jpg

These papers and embellishments are infused with lots of peach- a color that was quite trendy at this show.

DSC_9737.jpg

I love, love, love these realistic woodgrain papers!

DSC_9738.jpg

DSC_9753.jpg

And of course My Mind's Eye included lots of gorgeous brads and new shades of baker's twine.

DSC_9741.jpg

DSC_9754.jpg

The Fiddlesticks mini-collection brings back the yellow and gray color combination that was all the rage at the last show, mixing in some aqua and a pleasing shade of light plum.

DSC_9715.jpg

Doily accents abound here!

DSC_9716.jpg

DSC_9720.jpg


Things get a bit more whimsical with the Dilly Dally sub-collection. The colors get quite a bit bolder, too!

DSC_9717.jpg

DSC_9718.jpg

The aqua and yellow accents in the woodgrain paper below remind me of weathered wood on beachfront shops.

DSC_9719.jpg

Dolled Up is a spring-y version of the Miss Caroline theme and is filled with bright colors.

DSC_9743.jpg

I'm so in love with this butterfly print!

DSC_9744.jpg

DSC_9745.jpg

DSC_9749.jpg

Here's a closer look at one of the layered sticker sets.

DSC_9746.jpg

And there are more brads and shades of twine, as well.

DSC_9750.jpg

DSC_9751.jpg

I'll finish off the My Mind's Eye booth tour with a look at something that's almost completely different, but not really. Scrapbook companies have long been licensing their paper designs for fabric, but My Mind's Eye has taken it a step further with these beautiful sewing kits that contain all the pieces and parts you need to make one of these gorgeous tote bags!

DSC_9713.jpg

DSC_9714.jpg

Stop and Scrap has both the Miss Caroline and Follow Your Heart releases currently in stock for immediate shipping, but true to form, many of the items sold out quickly! There's still a good bit to choose from, though, and you can save 12% off the listed price by using discount code SCRAPPYJEDI at checkout.

If you don't find what you need there, Two Peas also has most of the lines in stock (Follow Your Heart, Miss Caroline), including the much-sought-after 6x6 pads that are so perfect for Project Life and cardmaking.

I'll be continuing CHA coverage throughout the weekend and into next week. I'm hoping to wrap it up by next Friday, but there's still so much more to get through!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan