friday favorites | trying something new

Friday, February 17, 2012

I'm trying something completely new with Friday Favorites, and I think I'm already loving it! Instead of compiling the grid version of images like I've done for the last year and a half or so, I'm switching over to using Pinterest to embed the images in a post. I love that Pinterest creates the links for me, giving credit automatically to the blog post I originally pinned from, and you get to see the full images instead of tiny snippets. This saves me a ton of work, and it also gives credit straight back to the original content creators- love that!

I'll be compiling a new Pinboard for each week's picks, and you can find this week's board here. Today I've actually added several Valentine's Day projects to the mix. I know that the holiday is over, but so many great things were posted this week that I really wanted to share! A lot of these projects could be adapted to other projects, as well.

So, let's get started, shall we?

This lovely layout by Wilna Furstenburg caught my eye immediately with its mixed up collage of hearts. It's a great take on the confetti trend that's really catching on in scrapbooking right now.



Michelle Lanning posted a set of Project Life weekly title cutouts for the Silhouette. I love how people who are participating in this project are all chipping in to provide downloads, tips, and other helpful bits and pieces.



Speaking of Project Life, Nichol Magouirk's article for Ella Publishing's latest eZine features this lovely set of stamped Project Life journaling cards.



This fold out Valentine that was featured on Martha Stewart's Crafts Dept. blog is so adorably cute, and the idea can be used for any number of holidays.



Mason jars are another hot trend in both scrapbooking and handcrafted home decor, and this lovely specimen hails from the blog of Rhonna Farrer. Her design team is truly amazing!



Lobster and Swan is featuring a different elaborately decorated matchbox each day. The one shown below is just the tip of the iceberg- check out their Matchbox a Day tag for even more pretties!



Wilna Furstenburg made the picks twice this week, this time with a layout from October Afternoon's blog. Be sure to check it out- she shows how to get this cool watercolor effect with October Afternoon's Sprinklers.



Kelly Purkey made a batch of these colorful Valentine's using magazine and catalog pages and a bunch of sweet doilies!



Check out this sweet tag mini album on Basic Grey's blog. I think that tag minis are quickly becoming one of my favorites mini album formats.







Have a scrappy weekend!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan