geek girl | february 26, 2012

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Happy weekend, geeklings! I'm sitting in the passenger seat of a rented SUV as I type this, on my way to Dayton, Ohio with some coworkers for a little business trip. It's actually my first time to travel for work since I started my new job last September, so I'm interested to see how it goes! As usual when I travel, I've packed some scrapbooking supplies and will be working on pages in the evenings, so it's not all work here. :) Edited to add: there's also a Chipotle right across the street from the hotel. Holla!

I've got some fab geeky picks for this week (you can check out a pinboard of all of them here), including one sent to me by a scrappy friend, so let's get started, shall we?

Many, many thanks to May Flaum for sending over a link to the new Disney Star Wars figures that are scheduled to be released at the parks next month. May was awesome and picked up the Star Wars Muppets figures for me when she went to Disney right before CHA in Anaheim (they now grace a bookcase at my office), and I'm so excited to get my hands on these new ones, too!




I love these cookie constellations by Shauna Youngue. Such a creative idea!



I've already admitted before that all things associated with the upcoming Hobbit movie creep me out, but for some reason I'm totally fine with The Lord of the Rings. Check out some of the soon-to-be-released LOTR themed Lego sets at Geeky Gadgets.



This awesome TARDIS safe can be locked and unlocked using a cell phone- genius!



Check out these super-cool hand-designed Star Wars comic shoes.



I've made mention of all the different Star Wars mashups that exist before, and this set of Marvel-themed Stormtroopers is another one to add to the list!



This awesome R2-D2 Valentine's day box was made by Matt, the art director at Paper Crafts magazine, for his son.



And, finally, the crossover to end all crossovers has been announced- it's an official (because usually these things exist purely in the realm of fandom) Doctor Who/Star Trek: The Next Generation novel. I just might be intrigued enough to read it!



Until next time, geek out, peeps!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan